Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do in the shed or garage today

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Put a water bottle holder on the wife’s new e-bike. The top thread stripped like it was made from wax. Luckily I had another longer bolt which I managed to tighten up to the remaining thread.
Cheap Chinese Sh1t!

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpeg
    IMG_0207.jpeg
    389.2 KB · Views: 37

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Put a water bottle holder on the wife’s new e-bike. The top thread stripped like it was made from wax. Luckily I had another longer bolt which I managed to tighten up to the remaining thread.
Cheap Chinese Sh1t!
I keep looking at e-bikes, havent yet pulled the trigger on a purchase. What did she get?

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
It's a ‘Velectrix’. She bought it while I was in the UK, naughty girl:)
She seems very happy with it. I haven't succumbed yet. I suppose if you are a cyclist and finding it a little tiresome to motivate yourself to tackle those hills you once ate up, then the e-bike gives you that boost when needed. More importantly, it still gets you out in the fresh air allowing you to choose how much effort you want to put in, with the knowledge you can make it home without exhausting yourself.

Apparently, this bike will do up to 50 kilometres on the battery, however, this estimate would be subjective depending on the effort each individual may put in using pedal power.

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpeg
    IMG_0209.jpeg
    362.7 KB · Views: 35

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Cheap Chinese Sh1t!

Chinesium.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Managed to save some money. Bought some racking. 400kg rated Rack-it system.

Got everything out of the garage that was required. I previously had some of those rails that screw to the wall and brackets slot in. I was well and truly pushing their limits of load capacity.

IMG_6062.jpeg

So now my garage is neater already and more functional. The upright closest in the above photo needed to be cut shorter to fit under the roller door. Bays are 900, 1200, 2400, 1200.
You can’t buy 2400 400kg beams, but get this, they sell them in a stater kit. So I got the kit just for the beams.

IMG_6063.jpeg

This one will need a custom sized rail. I’ve figured out how to do it. I’ll cut the beam and fit some angle iron in behind it and bolt it up to the cut beam. Maybe three bolts through each side. The metal is thin as so it will be over kill. It won’t be holding much weight. I can get two shelves over the cabinets and fit my surfboards still.

This will need a heap more to be done. I’ll cut shelves tomorrow and sort the beams that need shortening. Lighting is needed. Places to hang stuff.

One of the kits I bought had 1500 uprights. I’ll use those to make a storage unit for my fixings boxes. I’ll cut some beams up to make them really short. Screw the uprights to a base and add some wheels.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I looked at that stuff but it was all wrong dimensionally.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I looked at that stuff but it was all wrong dimensionally.
That’s where finding the more traditional dexion is a go. Upright widths can be made to any width by cutting the braces that zig zag up the frame.
Beam lengths can be made to anything by cutting and welding. You can weld. (I can’t even JB weld)
Sometimes you can score when warehouses close down or refit.

Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Fortunately the previous owners already put up wooden shelving 66% along the side of the garage, I only need to finish the last 33% and modify some of the other stuff to suit my needs.

Last edited:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
A few years ago l built my own. Paid $125.00 for 65 2.4 metre lengths of 50mm x 50mm.
Pick up a arc 200 amp welder for $20.00. Had the cut off 355mm metal saw a pedestal drill.
Made 2 shelving stands. Lots of steel left over.
I think l built it in 2014 or 2015.

This pic was taken today.
Don't know the load rating on the shelves, but l've had 2 ectotec engines & a 6L50 trans sitting on 1 shelf.

Thats a 40" tv hooked up to a nuc computer. For when l'm reassembling something & there is instructions on the screen.
20240225_145009[1].jpg

Not long later a friend bought a house. Went to bunnings & bought 3 1500mm x 2000mm stands. That was enough to fit down one wall.
They where on special. I think l paid $80.00 each. They had a 150kg load per shelf.
That was the beginning of 2016.