Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do in the shed or garage today

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Bows digging in is rarely an issue. The stern digging in is what makes it hard to get on the plane and hard to pull the skier out of the water. He will need to get some weight in the bow to help it get on the plane more quickly.

And that's what he'll get onto once the boat is on the water and he sees how it reacts.....

He has another boat he will be taking to the river over the easter long weekend for skiers to have fun on, whilst he has a "play" with the new boat and gets' it sorted

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Ain't the trailer......I just wish I took a picture of the boat once we got the motor on, just to help people get a grasp of the whole assembley
He has to put it in the water first, & find out what it's doing? He may be lucky & fluke it? Hopefully it'll be perfect? :)

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
And that's what he'll get onto once the boat is on the water and he sees how it reacts.....

He has another boat he will be taking to the river over the easter long weekend for skiers to have fun on, whilst he has a "play" with the new boat and gets' it sorted
Should take some different size props with him. That may help to sort the boat out?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
He has to put it in the water first, & find out what it's doing? He may be lucky & fluke it? Hopefully it'll be perfect? :)

He already knows he has to put weight in the front to get it sitting right.....

Just how much is where the trialling will come in

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

If it's a 25" on a boat designed for a 20" he will need to raise the motor by adding a piece on the top of the transom. He will soon find out when he gets it on the water.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Should take some different size props with him. That may help to sort the boat out?

Nah...He's not sure what he's going to use to get the bow down yet.....

Bare in mind, he bought this boat a week ago, with just a steering wheel and the cables, with it sitting on a trailer....That is it....

The motor he bought came 800K away, which he got late in the week...Today he got me over to help drop the lump on the back of the boat and we hooked some of the loom up from the ignition to the motor....We also hooked the oil feed up into the motor.

So very very early days.....But from his years of experience build various things, he knows he needs to put some weight up the front to get the bow down

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If it's a 25" on a boat designed for a 20" he will need to raise the motor by adding a piece on the top of the transom. He will soon find out when he gets it on the water.

We had the motor on and off twice...First time it was on, the motor sat too low, so we took it off again and raised it.....Now it's sitting spot on, all bolted up, without adding anything.....

The motor mounting point has 4 different holes perside, for the top holes for the bolts to go through...So it made it easy for the raising of it and not adding other materials to raise it up

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
The boat is about 12' long, so having this 120 HP motor on it, the bow isn't going to dig in.....He is already thinking how he can keep the bow down so skiers can get out of the water.....

He's talking Easter on getting it finished and out on the water....Time will tell
This was my boat, (the blue one) 13ish Foot Savage Javelin with a 115hp outboard.

camera boat has a 105hp motor and we were both at WOT.

with a motor that big the transom area used to sit right on the waterline and passing boats wash would be problematic.

Reactions: Lex

EricSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sedan Man
Bought a Racebox Mini S this week after messing around with Apps that were unreliable. Decided to take the child restraint connection, welded a 1/4 inch bolt to it and added a swivel camera mount. Good for the Racebox or a GoPro if wanting a rear cab view.

Anyone else using racebox?

Attachments

• RaceboxMiniS.jpg
    RaceboxMiniS.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 24
  • RaceBoxMiniS-2.jpg
    RaceBoxMiniS-2.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 26

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Been poking through the shed looking for things to sell. So far I've found a pair of RD 250 heads, an esky, 3/4 roll of forticon and box of fibre zips. Found a couple of Gen RD 400 parts. I might pop those on eBay when I can be bothered as they will pull good money, well a lot more than they will on Marketplace.