Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Cleaning cleaning cleaning. Must be a show coming up :p

It’s been a minute since I entered a show. Who knows if I will happy or sad about doing this Sunday night. Maybe I will wear ear plugs so I can’t hear bullshit comments :D
Footy's on, it's gonna be busy as hell

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
Cleaning cleaning cleaning. Must be a show coming up :p

It’s been a minute since I entered a show. Who knows if I will happy or sad about doing this Sunday night. Maybe I will wear ear plugs so I can’t hear bullshit comments :D
We can always swap senators if your not happy with yours just saying!!!,there is this one other in SA that I'm trying to get a swap happening, don't know why he won't

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
We can always swap senators if your not happy with yours just saying!!!,there is this one other in SA that I'm trying to get a swap happening, don't know why he won't
I’m happy with mine. Others like to have a whinge sometimes. I’d rather I wasn’t in earshot.

Senator in SA you say?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I’m happy with mine. Others like to have a whinge sometimes. I’d rather I wasn’t in earshot.
2 questions .........
What is the silver V? with the Brock weels in the background ?
What is 'wrong' with the Senator that others don't approve of ?

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
2 questions .........
What is the silver V? with the Brock weels in the background ?
What is 'wrong' with the Senator that others don't approve of ?

what is it is a question. It started life as a VY SV8
now looks like this, with a cam and a ridiculous tune :D #tittyjiggler

270366866_2427945654006127_3430484723683787021_n.jpg

270311443_2427945744006118_4549299963519469434_n.jpg

270374135_2427945710672788_9062098474085703679_n.jpg

the Senator is 27yrs old. It has stone chips in the front bar, and UV damage on the pillars & quarter window surrounds. There are swirl marks in the original paint. Its what it is for 27yrs of being driven.
It has not been restored, but people seem to think that if I take it to an event I should have restored it. I like trying to keep it in its original form for as long as possible. It is getting tired and a refresh would be amazing. But as I was lamenting I don't have all the budget for a resto on it right now, and I am missing some stickers etc that I wouldn't be able to replace if it went in for paint as example. So it will be a rebuild of pieces over time rather than a complete strip & re-do.

I won 'Best HSV VN-VS' at this upcoming show a few years ago, and some people were big mad. There was a VN Group A in the row behind me. The owner/event team miscategorised it as a VN-VS Commodore rather than VN-VS HSV. So we were never competing actually. but there were quite a few people around me who were vocal about that I should not have won over a group A, and it really was a bit crushing. (The Group A got 2nd to a VS Berlina Wagon, so there's that too....)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I won 'Best HSV VN-VS' at this upcoming show a few years ago, and some people were big mad. There was a VN Group A in the row behind me. The owner/event team miscategorised it as a VN-VS Commodore rather than VN-VS HSV. So we were never competing actually. but there were quite a few people around me who were vocal about that I should not have won over a group A, and it really was a bit crushing. (The Group A got 2nd to a VS Berlina Wagon, so there's that too....)
Being vocal about what cars peole like?

Sometimes I find it amazing how car people can be both "decent" and "wankers" at the same time :p:p:p

PS: Love the car :cool:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Took the Subaru to the shops, filled the tank with 95 (NZ$2.864) with a dose of injector cleaner and picked up lunch, it looks like the reading light incident of 2024 hasn't hurt the battery to much.

Gotta love that brand new brake pad feel with a nice firm pedal, it inspires confidence to go do silly ****.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Being vocal about what cars peole like?

Sometimes I find it amazing how car people can be both "decent" and "wankers" at the same time :p:p:p

PS: Love the car :cool:
yeah wankers everywhere. It was a few of these vocal people in a short time that made me stop entering local shows.