Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i didn t know having new engine mounts fitted would make a difference but it just so smooth from starting to driving the hydraulic engine mounts are from cozza

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Urgh....
Went to start, cranks but doesn't fire. Try again and it's like battery is low and just hear "clickclickclickclick" etc.
Repeats same thing a few times.
Eventually fires.
Other times fires straight away.

Been doing it a bit hot or cold, doesn't matter.
Getting annoyed by these problems that come and go. And really can't be bothered To chase it.
Although do wonder if it's the DFI as it seems to have started happening since that's been changed.

Check the battery, starter and ground connections. Try a different starter motor relay too. Maybe also look at the starter solenoid wire connection at the starter, it might be damaged.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
In case you're not being sarcastic, this car is best for parts
I will be keeping an eye on the price it goes for. I do need a white bonnet and bumper to get another VS back on the road. But I dont really want to deal with all the rubbish and full ashtray.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I will be keeping an eye on the price it goes for. I do need a white bonnet and bumper to get another VS back on the road. But I dont really want to deal with all the rubbish and full ashtray.
Wait a few days, it will be on marketplace :D

Edit - the auction fees is what takes it from cheap hammer price to whoa did I really just pay that much for smashed & unknown pile of junk :eek:

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Yeah, this car is quite disgusting inside, and has been hit pretty bad... It also looks like it's been sitting out in the elements since the accident for quite a while, which is evident by the extensive rust spots...

The front end is really the only salvageable part body wise, but even the front bumper isn't in fantastic condition either, however it's fine if you don't care too much about the appearance...

1707353263434.png

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
i didn t know having new engine mounts fitted would make a difference but it just so smooth from starting to driving the hydraulic engine mounts are from cozza
Did you buy them from Online Auto Parts? I bought some from him years ago and they were decent. Might have been Cozza as he sells a bit of that brand I believe.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Did you buy them from Online Auto Parts? I bought some from him years ago and they were decent. Might have been Cozza as he sells a bit of that brand I believe.
yes losh through there ebay store over a year ago now 45.95 plus postage and they have sold over 6 thousand at the time with so many brands and companys choose from i just went with who sold the most and i did my research, hydraulic was the best

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I thought he sold machter parts?
He may well sell those as well. But all the parts I used to get from him none were Machter, everything I bought from him back then was really decent. I think he has increased his prices now though? I'd never buy Machter. I was unknowingly sold some links by Oz Car Parts once. They went back and I haven't bought from him since, especially since his prices are now more expensive than Motors Holden Spares.

Reactions: Lex

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
I sent back 2 pairs of Machter engine mounts, as I had the 'k' frame out I had the driver's side engine bracket off.
When I offered up the Machter mounts to the bracket they were rocking around like an old moll at a picnic.

I wrote to Machter but they conveniently 'lost' the video footage I sent...
Ebay refunded me for both and I bought Mackay.