Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what do you all think of this vs?

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
I got my VR statesman that's just about immaculate inside and out with 150,000 on the clock for 5 grand.

just needs a aircon re-gas and a re-trimmed headliner (it's sagging in the back) you probably could have done better if you held out a bit longer and kept looking.

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
yes I could have got a 5l or forced induction but why even say that when you know very well im on my p's?
yeah I told him he was a moron, he said 4800 was the lowest he would go after I spent a day of negotiating.

The bloke selling the green one I saw was only willing to go to 3800 before he changed his mind about selling it

i know its a big price for a vs, but im happy with it, I was willing to pay the price for what I wanted and couldn't find.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
yes I could have got a 5l or forced induction but why even say that when you know very well im on my p's?

OMG.... Did you even bother to read my post properly? I said I know you are on your P's, I was using the 5L or Forced induction as an example of how ripped off you got... And people wonder why I get so pissed off with them!

VRCALAISS

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR CALAIS 3.8L V6
Sorry but I wouldn't of paid $4800 for a Manual VS regardless of the K's on it. Sorry but you did get ripped off. Could of gotten a 5.0L or a Supercharged V6 For that with a manual behind it. Yes I'm well aware that you are on your P's, but I was just pointing out examples.

he's fugging nuts in my books,as you pointed out you can pick up v8's for that price v6's are worth less you got ripped.

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
What do I think?

I think it's too expensive.

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
I paid $1000 for mine, not manual though.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I would buy another VS but if I was spending over 5K on one it would have to have under 100 000Klm on the clock.

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
yeah well phuck the haters. I believe you all have the wrong impression on just how good of an example this car is, dead straight apart from a tiny dint next to the badge, which isn't a big deal to get fixed. The interior feels and looks practically brand new and the car has no faults at all apart from the interior light having a blown bulb. I know 4600 is a lot to pay for a VS, but I doubt any of you can find a factory manual one that is much cheaper (and white), cause they're hard to come by.

I had my heart set on a white VS manual, I paid the price I was willing to pay, and considering he wanted 6k which was ridiculous I'm happy I got him to get real. I'm happy with it and that's all that matters.. Maybe I should do a build thread to actually show u guys this car?, along with my plans for it, etc? instead of just hating on me before you even see it?

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
I doubt it is hate.
Everywhere I looked there were white VS sedans, so I got a maroon one instead...

VRCALAISS

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR CALAIS 3.8L V6
yeah well phuck the haters. I believe you all have the wrong impression on just how good of an example this car is, dead straight apart from a tiny dint next to the badge, which isn't a big deal to get fixed. The interior feels and looks practically brand new and the car has no faults at all apart from the interior light having a blown bulb. I know 4600 is a lot to pay for a VS, but I doubt any of you can find a factory manual one that is much cheaper (and white), cause they're hard to come by.

I had my heart set on a white VS manual, I paid the price I was willing to pay, and considering he wanted 6k which was ridiculous I'm happy I got him to get real. I'm happy with it and that's all that matters.. Maybe I should do a build thread to actually show u guys this car?, along with my plans for it, etc? instead of just hating on me before you even see it?

not hate,sense who gives a **** if it's manual doesn't not make it worth 5,000 i always thought a manual is downgrade to auto,manual are generally for wanna be boy racers thats it really there's no power gain over an auto what so ever.

you can pick up a v6 calais manual for that price for an example i picked up a mint vr exec.no dints an interior was like new for $1000,unfornately i sold it to a ######## who wrecked it.