Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think is wrong with the world?

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
I'm not saying that giving a clip or a boot up the seat of the pants is what's needed , but some basic teaching of showing respect and knowing what's right and what's wrong , a lot of people not just kids either , sadly have missed this im their upbringing or are just stupid .

I'm not suggestion that's the answer in all cases either but in some it wouldn't hurt, what I mean thow it wasn't just the cops job to police some cases it was a community thing to bring bad behavior into line and I mean the behavior in a social setting.

Maybe I'm a dinosaur, if so point me to the stone age lol

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I'm not suggestion that's the answer in all cases either but in some it wouldn't hurt, what I mean thow it wasn't just the cops job to police some cases it was a community thing to bring bad behavior into line and I mean the behavior in a social setting.

Maybe I'm a dinosaur, if so point me to the stone age lol

You and me both .

But in two words whats wrong with the world?

Donald Trump . :gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
?
I've seen what you do when you don't agree with people but can I ask where did I say we shouldn't field an Olympic team? I'll say it again, the "average Joe" doesn't not need a gun and neither does the majority of us but I do see a use for some people. Interpret what I say however you feel if you need to just don't put incorrect statements in my mouth.

"Firearm serves one use, to fire a projectile. No little, no more. It's up the individual what it is used for."
Yep my point exactly so I love hearing the argument for having more out there so the individual can access them, guns were designed to be a weapon and are classified as a weapon. Lets see school shootings here in Australia like in America because people who have guns at home can't prevent their kids getting to them should we?

As for your other points, again clinging on to anything you can to justify an argument but if you truly believe to protect us against guns we need to introduce more guns then I really do feel sorry for you, that's not directed towards you as an insult but my true feelings. Again another case of someone thinking they can control a hazard.
Shooters ARE average joe's. Hunters, target shooters, Olympians, L.E etc, etc

Ummmm we live in Australia, not America. You seem to have trouble differentiating the two. Australia has strict storage requirements, so how are children accessing firearms?

You talk of controlling a hazard but by banning something you are doing the exact same.

How do we protect against firearms? Start going after illegal firearms harder with harsher penalties.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
You and me both .

But in two words whats wrong with the world?

Donald Trump . :gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2:

His RNC speech contained facts that were at least 50% untrue.

He has failed at business multiple times, been subject to many lawsuits that he has lost (or settled). He has never been in any public office, ever. Has never had to deliver anything outside the business world. Ever.

I know USA is a democracy and that any US born citizen aged 35 or more can run for office. But US president is an important role, not only for the US but the global economy and global peace status. If the role of US president were to be filled on the basis of merit in accordance to a selection criteria (as most jobs are), you would be a complete tit to let Trump anywhere near the most important job in the world.....

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
His RNC speech contained facts that were at least 50% untrue.

He has failed at business multiple times, been subject to many lawsuits that he has lost (or settled). He has never been in any public office, ever. Has never had to deliver anything outside the business world. Ever.

I know USA is a democracy and that any US born citizen aged 35 or more can run for office. But US president is an important role, not only for the US but the global economy and global peace status. If the role of US president were to be filled on the basis of merit in accordance to a selection criteria (as most jobs are), you would be a complete tit to let Trump anywhere near the most important job in the world.....
Let's be fair, we have career politicians in Australia who have never delivered anything.

As for failing in business, failure is the best lesson to learn sometimes.

Just my thoughts. I think the US is like the just finished Australian election, both candidates are rubbish choices.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Common sense, right/wrong all seem to have disappeared from society long ago.....

Worse is kids are taught from a young age that parents can't discipline them, Little Johnny (or Rangi as I wouldn't want to be seen to be discriminatory) goes home and breaks something valuable, dad or mum gets angry and yells at child, little johnny/Rangi turns around and says " you can't talk to me like that"..... Little Johnny/Rangi runs out across the road in front of a car, mum smacks his bottom and he turns around and says "you can't do that, I'm calling the cops".........

Kids don't learn common sense, right from wrong and respect. No, they learn a high level of self entitlement. Parents don't know how to discipline Johnny/Rangi so he does as he pleases when he pleases. By the time he's a young teenager the cops are now having to deal with said child, unfortunately if said child is still a minor it is very difficult for the cops to deal with said child as they to can't do anything without involving child services as is required by law when dealing with a minor which means lots of paperwork so the cops don't deal with the problem children either. Soon Johnny/Rangi is now a young adult, has never learnt any boundaries through his childhood/teenage years and is heading for a life of crime.....

That ####ing "anti-smacking" legislation really has ####ed up society!

My boys tried it on. I said fine, I'll give you a good hiding, you call the cops, I go to jail, you go to Child/Youth/Family, end up in a welfare home (never to come home again as you will not be allowed near me and I won't leave home so you will never come here again and see your mother either) where you will be treated like a rat, probably get raped by your loving caregiver and used as a cash cow until you turn 18 when the system will turf you out on the street to fend for yourself. You decide how you want to live!

The worst part is the anti-smacking legislation hasn't prevented those parents that beat their kids to death, plenty of cases of Rangi ending up dead as well as good parents ending up with convictions and still some of the worst child death/abuse statistics in the world. God we love our kids here in NZ, we love em to death.........

PC ####ing politicians :bang:

Last edited:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Common sense, right/wrong all seem to have disappeared from society long ago.....

Worse is kids are taught from a young age that parents can't discipline them, Little Johnny (or Rangi as I wouldn't want to be seen to be discriminatory) goes home and breaks something valuable, dad or mum gets angry and yells at child, little johnny/Rangi turns around and says " you can't talk to me like that"..... Little Johnny/Rangi runs out across the road in front of a car, mum smacks his bottom and he turns around and says "you can't do that, I'm calling the cops".........

Kids don't learn common sense, right from wrong and respect. No, they learn a high level of self entitlement. Parents don't know how to discipline Johnny/Rangi so he does as he pleases when he pleases. By the time he's a young teenager the cops are now having to deal with said child, unfortunately if said child is still a minor it is very difficult for the cops to deal with said child as they to can't do anything without involving child services as is required by law when dealing with a minor which means lots of paperwork so the cops don't deal with the problem children either. Soon Johnny/Rangi is now a young adult, has never learnt any boundaries through his childhood/teenage years and is heading for a life of crime.....

My boys tried it on. I said fine, I'll give you a good hiding, you call the cops, I go to jail, you go to Child/Youth/Family, end up in a welfare home (never to come home again as you will not be allowed near me and I won't leave home so you will never come here again and see your mother either) where you will be treated like a rat, probably get raped by your loving caregiver and used as a cash cow until you turn 18 when the system will turf you out on the street to fend for yourself. You decide how you want to live!

The worst part is the anti-smacking legislation hasn't prevented those parents that beat their kids to death, plenty of cases of Rangi ending up dead as well as good parents ending up with convictions and still some of the worst child death/abuse statistics in the world. God we love our kids here in NZ, we love em to death.........

Sad thing is here guys , where turning into our dads ,

this is why my kids and former colleague's in the force called me Senior Sergeant Victor Meldrew . :ranting:

Grumpy (oldish) man hell yeah .

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190

To true, I must be a grump old fart too but I'm only in my early forty's.
When child safety came in it was to stop parents that belted there kids and that's good but now you can't give them a kick up the ass or smack WHEN needed, that's disiplan.
Most of my replies lead to this everything seen bad is stamped out all together eg no belting kids and I would step in if I seen a parent belting a kid but a child tantrum in a shop say and the parent give the kid one smack on the ass I see nothing wrong.

Everything in this world is the same we see it as bad let's get rid of it.
Good,bad,black or white that's the problem with the world there is no grey area when everything has a grey area

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I said my father was ex military, I didn't say to trust someone who had been trained to kill people, who had probley had to kill people, who probley had PTSD.
I said my father was ex military because he was trained how to handle a gun, who knew how to handle it safely. There is a lot that treat a gun like a toy not a tool, in my other replies I agree restrictions are needed.
Most of my concerns are freedom as in if you take all of every bad thing away we would be locked up in a padded cell so nothing bad could happen to us.
If guns where band, no skin off my nose I don't own one.
But what would be next, ban martial arts, ban knives o wait hang on that's me lol.
I used to be a member of NKC which means I was allowed to collect swords, Victoria decided NKC members could not collect swords anymore but I could still collect knives and not kitchen knives. A meter long sword is very hard to hide a hand held knife isn't. My interest in swords I'm bedded in martial arts and will that be the next thing in 20 to 30years to get band say?
Guns was only really a focal point, swords are bad in the bad hands, but I was on the books and ended up getting rid of my collection because I had no use having them!!
No reason other than I liked them

I have nothing against military (an old workmate and good friend spent 19 years in the reserves) and I would class him as a responsible person, considering he was a trainer in the use of fire arms and artilary

As for collecting swords......No problem with that either....My point is, it is impossible to determine if someone is going to go off the deep end and use a fire arm or some other weapon, to harm someone.....All it takes is someone to snap and it's all over red rover

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'm 38 and I'm obviously a grumpy old fart. I am turning into my father (which is bloody scary) but still believe in good old fashioned discipline.

Got to wonder how the military still exists when most young brats would never ever be able to cope with there discipline standards..........

Might have to start a "grumpy old farts" club. grumpy-old-farts