Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think is wrong with the world?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Don't know the full story just what I heard on ABC radio with someone from the prison. He should have been put in a holding cell when arriving to prison but wasn't. He was at Yatala around 3pm waited about 20 minutes then left. I think about half an hour later he went to Holden Hill (not that far away for those that don't know so he obviously didn't go straight there) waited around 20-30 minutes then left. His bracelet was recorded as being removed around 6:30pm so if that's true he did present himself to the police station and prison with it still on. Been to Holden Hill a couple of time and it does have a big reception area but it has clear view of entrance and sitting area from memory. Either way it's a police station and prison so when someone presents themselves you really should be keeping an eye on them. From what I've heard about Yatala by mates that have done work there, you can't just walk or drive out the gates. I'm sure there's a whole lot more to story but as I said not a lot of common sense practiced here

Holden Hill police station would be a 20 to 30 minute walk, if that's what he did.......I can also tell you, this particular person has relatives around the Holden Hill/ Yatala prison area (I used to live a stones throw away from the prison and am familiar with the last name)........So we can only speculate he either walked, or he might have gone back to a relatives place to ponder what his next move was going to be......Yes the entrance has a clear view, but if the police officers are pre-occupied with other people (ie taking down reports), or they aren't actually in the reception area taking down these reports, it is very simple to walk out the front door and not be noticed straight away

As for Yatala.....The gates you refer to are the gates that hold prisoners inside....They have a reception area, where the general public go on weekends for visits, or during the week to book visits, or for work people to present for work that needs doing etc etc.....Very much like a business reception....

Yes, there are failures with this whole scenario, but their has also got to be checks done to make sure the person is who he says he is and not some nut job wanting attention

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I have nothing against military (an old workmate and good friend spent 19 years in the reserves) and I would class him as a responsible person, considering he was a trainer in the use of fire arms and artilary

As for collecting swords......No problem with that either....My point is, it is impossible to determine if someone is going to go off the deep end and use a fire arm or some other weapon, to harm someone.....All it takes is someone to snap and it's all over red rover
Someone snapped with a truck and killed 80+ people. Just wondering when you will be making the call to ban all vehicles since you are so concerned with everyone's safety.

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
I have nothing against military (an old workmate and good friend spent 19 years in the reserves) and I would class him as a responsible person, considering he was a trainer in the use of fire arms and artilary

As for collecting swords......No problem with that either....My point is, it is impossible to determine if someone is going to go off the deep end and use a fire arm or some other weapon, to harm someone.....All it takes is someone to snap and it's all over red rover

Well maybe we should ban school to for me in yr 11 in NSW schooling system, chemistry, volatile chemical reactions.
I was taught what 2 easy ingredients to get that would make explosives.
I was even told farmers used to use combo to blow out tree stumps in the day.
Thank God I'm not a terrorist, but I am an average joe

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Well maybe we should ban school to for me in yr 11 in NSW schooling system, chemistry, volatile chemical reactions.
I was taught what 2 easy ingredients to get that would make explosives.
I was even told farmers used to use combo to blow out tree stumps in the day.
Thank God I'm not a terrorist, but I am an average joe

I can remember when I was about 16 , making a fairly primitive but effective pipe bomb, in chemistry at school with a friend , we were both roundly bollocked and caned, yes six of the best as they were called , by Br Jean-Pierre , my friend is now a prominent Johannesburg Lawyer , and as an ex Police Senior Sergeant we both turned out OK .

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
My little brother spent some time at the local cop shop washing cars and doing other menial labour to pay for his misdemeanours, he now works for a government agency working enforcement......

Couple of years ago there was a incident where a local teenager who'd gotten in trouble with the cops, rather than charging the youth the copper to him home and had a chat with his parents thinking that would sort it out. The teenager was later admitted to hospital after receiving a life threatening beating from his father, sometimes you just can't win.........

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Couple of years ago there was a incident where a local teenager who'd gotten in trouble with the cops, rather than charging the youth the copper to him home and had a chat with his parents thinking that would sort it out. The teenager was later admitted to hospital after receiving a life threatening beating from his father, sometimes you just can't win.........

I bet he never misbehaved again though!

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
I can remember when I was about 16 , making a fairly primitive but effective pipe bomb, in chemistry at school with a friend , we were both roundly bollocked and caned, yes six of the best as they were called , by Br Jean-Pierre , my friend is now a prominent Johannesburg Lawyer , and as an ex Police Senior Sergeant we both turned out OK .

Yes I was actually shown combo by the teacher he even brought in a news paper clipping of a truck driver who was carting both things, one leaked into the other and blew half the truck apart.
The whole class was shown and a small very small amount made in prac

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
My little brother spent some time at the local cop shop washing cars and doing other menial labour to pay for his misdemeanours, he now works for a government agency working enforcement......

That parent needed a flogging too then to make him think twice. There is a difference between the two and usually having to face the people wronged day after day is humiliating.
I always said to my son in school if he ever got into trouble and didn't do it I would stand by him but if he lied and I found out he would get a foot up the ass and have to deal with his punishment there I would have made shore he did it too.
I only ever had to smack my son once in young years, as a teen 17yr and over 6foot just he tried hurting me.
I always told him if your big and strong evuff to hurt me and try I will drop you and I did. Not punching him, I am trained to stop someone without damaging them. Now he is grown up we get along great we can joke, talk everything really

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Shooters ARE average joe's. Hunters, target shooters, Olympians, L.E etc, etc

Ummmm we live in Australia, not America. You seem to have trouble differentiating the two. Australia has strict storage requirements, so how are children accessing firearms?

You talk of controlling a hazard but by banning something you are doing the exact same.

How do we protect against firearms? Start going after illegal firearms harder with harsher penalties.

Again you don't try to put your own spin on others comments, none of what you wrote there is totally accurate of what I said and where am I having trouble differentiating between Australia and America? The topic was heading towards more guns would have stopped something terrible overseas recently, my argument was more guns only creates more problems but as usual you go and twist things around. Seems you have trouble reading complete posts.

Keep twisting if you wish