Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What insurance have you got?

What type of Insurance have you got

• None

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • 3rd Party Property (pay for the other car to be fixed)

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Comprehensive

Votes: 46 69.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Well Friday afternoon my work ute gets runup the back of.Tray is buggered, floor is bent, tailgate jammed and flattened, rear guards buckled, canopy window frame bent and ladder racks damaged.
Whilst exchanging details with the other driver I ask him the all important question have you got insurance after beating around the bush I finally get the answer of no. With costs to him look like coming to $15-20k I wouldnt want to be him right now.
So just wondering what insurance if any have you got?

cheers
Scott

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
Nothing would be worse than hearing that 1 word from the person at fault.Dont fancy ya luck at a quick repair,just hope it dont drag on and a court case ensue!!
I used to have full comprehesive insurance + few extras through NRMA which was about $150 month, now im with Allianz and for exactly the same insurance (except 1 window replacement instead of unlimited) i now pay$79 a month..big friggin saving i must say,pays to shop around thats for sure.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Im glad I had just completely done up the brakes on the ute, discs & drums machined new pads, shoes, wheel cylinders the works else I might have been paying a bill as well

I am fortunate enough that I can arrange the money to pay for the repairs to start right away, AAMI (my insurer) will cover the 1st $3000 of repairs and persue him for the funds, I will pay the rest, then also pursue him for the difference in repair costs, lost income & other costs of the accident, doctors visit, remove & replace all stock & tools out of my ute, rental car whilst mine is being repaired. Odds are getting the money will take time I know it would take me a bit to find that kinds of money.

Scott

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
A few months ago my mate got a very nice vx gts with full Comprehensive (RAC) and with in a week of getting it he got runup the back of by toyota camry on the way home from work.The guy in camry had no insurance at all.The RAC where very good and got the gts all fixed up and back on road and sent bill to camry driver to tune of about 8k witch he will have to pay.I have no time for people what so ever with no insurance at all.I personally think all car owners should be made to have full Comprehensive insurance by law, just like in the UK.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
I don't agree full comprehensive should be mandatory, but third party damage should be. I had that for years instead of comprehensive as I was just driving cheap cars as daily drivers.

I got cleaned up by a new at the time Prado in Sydney (I was at fault) and would have been ####ed if I didn't have third party cover. I'd still be paying it off.

That said, both my commys are comprehensive now and all the old Holdens I have/had have always been fully insured.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I won't go anything other than full. Spent 6 months trying to get an insurance company to pay out. It wasn't my fault, I had a police report saying so, but the company said they wouldn't pay out because their client hadn't admitted liability (but had paid her excess to get her car fixed)! Almost ended up in court

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
I only go full comp, in saying that ive only ever owned bikes before which are a hell of aloty more expensive to fix up especially if its got fairings.

Better safe than sorry