Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What insurance have you got?

What type of Insurance have you got

• None

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • 3rd Party Property (pay for the other car to be fixed)

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Comprehensive

Votes: 46 69.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Interesting that it's all the young guys with comparitively low valued cars who think that comprehensive insurance is a waste of money. Probably is, given the value of the cars but wait until you're a bit older and wiser and drive something worth a few bucks. When that ****-head in his clapped out VR with no insurance clouts your pride and joy, you'll be thankful you have comprehensive insurance.

Yep, purely because I would have paid my car's value off in a year or two. If I was driving say a VE calais then there would be no question about comprehensive insurance.

ute boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Commodore Ute
im 17 and on my red P's for comprehensive because it will count me $3500 evan know they will only cover me for 3k cause thats what i payed for it.
so 3rd party fire and theft for now untill i have something worth getting comprehensive

yes 3rd party should be conpoulsry same with the green slip

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Minimum 3rd party should be law to drive. Just like having rego and a license

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I thought uk was only 3rd party? Fire and theft is only your own car, 3rd party protects other road users

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
If I read your post correctly, you have insurance with AAMI that requires them to pay the first 3k, you pay the rest and AAMI chase him up to get your money back?

I assume that isn't a comprehensive policy? A comprehensive policy with a reputable company would pay your damages in full and pursue the "at fault" driver for their money, AND your no-claim bonus is not affected.

I'm insured with NRMA and that's how comprehensive insurance works with them. And I reckon that's exactly how it SHOULD work.

No I have 3rd party property only on the work ute, insurance company pays 1st 3k I pay the difference, no excess required, ended up getting a new tray for the rodeo was taken off a delivery KMs ute and removed to fit another tray, back on the road next week.

Personally I think 3rd party should be compulsory, All our cars are insured, minimum 3rd party others comprehensive.

scott

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Fully Comp insurance isn't required by law in the UK. As a minimum all you need is 3rd party fire & theft!

Thanks for that i was told wrong then.I should have looked it up before i posted:hit: