Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

worked 304 vs 355 stroker???

vtss5spd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss/ k8 gsxr 1000
jdjones said:
There Is No Substitue For Cubes

Damn i wish this was true..... my mates 2.5L skyline gets 320kw@the wheels and he has half the capacity... but still i think this is the case for a 304!!

jdjones

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs11 clubby 185i
vtss5spd said:
Damn i wish this was true..... my mates 2.5L skyline gets 320kw@the wheels and he has half the capacity... but still i think this is the case for a 304!!
dude turbos are cheaters u cant really compare the two because boost changes everthing.take his turbo away and see how much power it makes

vtss5spd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss/ k8 gsxr 1000
That doesnt really count all that much when you pull up next to em at the lights!!
But i see you point, his would still go good without the turbo, (not 320rwkw worth) but i still reckon it would be a good race between me and him if he had no boost. It has a nice load of torque for a 6! But it has a **** load of engine work (balanced crank, aftermarket rods and pistons, cam work, ported heads etc) It was all done i japan but **** it flies.

jdjones

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs11 clubby 185i
vtss5spd said:
That doesnt really count all that much when you pull up next to em at the lights!!
But i see you point, his would still go good without the turbo, (not 320rwkw worth) but i still reckon it would be a good race between me and him if he had no boost. It has a nice load of torque for a 6! But it has a **** load of engine work (balanced crank, aftermarket rods and pistons, cam work, ported heads etc) It was all done i japan but **** it flies.
easy dude stuff the 355 stroke your 304 to 383.cubes oh yeah now thats wat im talkn about.man nothn beats a **** load of torque in my books anyway.why wait 4 boost when u can have power anywhere in the rpm range

vtss5spd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss/ k8 gsxr 1000
jdjones said:
easy dude stuff the 355 stroke your 304 to 383.cubes oh yeah now thats wat im talkn about.man nothn beats a **** load of torque in my books anyway.why wait 4 boost when u can have power anywhere in the rpm range

DAMN STRAIGHT!! v8 torque buddy!

cumncy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
hey this is the first time i have used this web site but i have just brought a 355 crank and i have a vq stato and it goes pretty hard already but i need more i used to have a 180sx and it had 400hp at the wheels and i cant go backwards in power i love v8s the burnouts are to fun the 180 just kept diein jap crap i want to know a few things i can do to make some hp i have a exhaust and a pod filter and a chip but i need more the 355 crank and some 383 pistons is it hard to put them in and i have a exhaust to sell its a duel 2.5 inch with 2 hot dogs and they go in to a 3 inch over the diff if any 1 is intrested

4923jeffrey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn stroker 5.7
starr 90 mm throttle body on the modified honed out bannanas works fantastic on 355 close to 300 not that hard to get 300 or more need twin throttle set up possibly twin 60 or 65's im having one made now up grading from single 90 mm starr set-up let you know how much more it produces looks sexy but

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
this_thread_wont_die.jpg

Last edited:

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
Surely with that budget you'd be better off with an LS1 conversion. Also since the VT came with the LS1 you would be mad not to do it.
Buy a wrecked VT onwards LS1 and 6 speed SS for about 3 grand, 1500 or so to get the work done, a grand for a dyno tune and you're looking at 300 flywheel KW easy with plenty of headroom later for mods. Sell the bits you don't need and you ought to have enough to drop a cam into it too, the VT 304 and 5 speed is much sought after, probly 2500 together minimum.
Also reliability and fuel consumption heaps better and as far as insurance goes I've always used Shannons, they don't give a **** what mods you make as long as you tell them and in the event of an accident they let you choose your own repairer or will sell you back your "write off" (as happened to me because of cost not amount of damage) for 200-300 bucks. They also do agreed value and pay up promptly when **** happens.
I love my 304 but if I had 7 grand to spend that's what I'd do.
GOD DAMN IT, SUCKERED AGAIN BY A 5 YEAR OLD THREAD.

Last edited: