Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xbox One VS PS4

Which console do you favor???

• Total voters

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
to gren. why did they need to do the whole online thing only as you have said its a computer (PC) based thing already.
why not. as currently. have it so that you can go out and buy the disc or download it.

same with the online all the time.
so you cant be offline and play say a campaign of a game?
example of GTA, would there even be an online component that requires you to be online?

I just think the way it is now is fine.
you can buy the disc. buy the game online and do whatever you want.

also as for everyones worried about change.
if it aint broke don't fix it :p

EDIT: I am not having a go at you or anybody else. just don't see the logic behind going against what the majority want

Last edited:

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Change has ALWAYS been met with resistance. its not that the majority dont want this, the majority is scared of something new.

It wasnt online all the time. It needed to connect once a day to do a simple license check. Thats it. Hell you couldve connected via your wifi on your phone. You could play offline if you wanted as long as once a day your console did a license check - and its not as if DRM is a new concept.

If we keep doing things as they are now because they are fine, we will never advance. What dont people not grasp about this concept? Playing it safe is fine, but its boring. Its not adventurous, it doesnt pave the way for new technology.

It is ABUNDANTLY clear from the posts in here, the people talking about the negatives never really understood them and this is exactly what pisses me off. In less than 2 sentences you have shown you had no idea what the One was about but heard ONLINE ONLY and went NO I DONT WANT THAT. Hell people are still crapping on about how Kinect is always watching. How is it always watching? You can turn the ####ing thing off when its not in use and you dont need to be hooked up to the net so whos it going to broadcast to?

When Sega released the Megadrive CD people thought they were mad. When Nintendo put a thumbstick on their N64 controller, people went WTF? When the Dreamcast was released, one of the first consoles with internet support noone brought it. If these companies didnt take a chance where would our games be?

Anyway, Im seriously considering just sticking to PC instead of a console this gen. I was excited for something new. But now we have the same old **** from both Sony and Microsoft.

EXACTLY THE SAME.

PS. Sorry, I get a bit worked up over this, but I am a very passionate gamer. I get paid to play games and Ill be at PAX AU this year demonstrating a few gadgets and playing in tournaments.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
The way i look at it, the system is focused on the AMERICAN market where the majority of homes have an always on net connection. Whether its wifi or ethernet. I mean the internet is very cheap in america

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
PS. Sorry, I get a bit worked up over this, but I am a very passionate gamer. I get paid to play games and Ill be at PAX AU this year demonstrating a few gadgets and playing in tournaments.

its all good.
well ive now learnt something new from what you've actually put up.

and your most definitely right.
whoever in marketing had the final decision made a wrong one.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I would normally be a Xbox man, but in this next next Gen range of Consoles I think Sony are going to come out on top... Although, Microsoft did back flip on a lot of the stuff that most gamers didn't like.

All that being said, I have both pre-ordered & own pretty much every platform available (Including portable systems)... Guess that makes me a super nerd :p

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
I would normally be a Xbox man, but in this next next Gen range of Consoles I think Sony are going to come out on top... Although, Microsoft did back flip on a lot of the stuff that most gamers didn't like.

All that being said, I have both pre-ordered & own pretty much every platform available (Including portable systems)... Guess that makes me a super nerd :p

Yes. Yes it does lol. Well ive never had a console from new. Only second hand ones. So you can guess where my measly tax return is going to. Lol.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
^^^ I don't spend huge on my PC's these days. Generally a good mid spec one will do well for approx 2 years, then a video card upgrade should keep you going for another year at least.

I don't game anywhere as much as I used to, but I like to keep my options open so I don't miss out on a good release just because it's "Exclusive" to one platform.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've just got a mid range asus laptop. Nothing flash. Enough for what I need it for. My gaming is based on my Xbox generally.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Call of duty call of duty call of duty television television TV sports sports call of duty dog

That's all I got from the Xbone reveal thingo

Haha, and all I got from the PS4 one was I will be finally be able to play a game thats 2 years old on PC on PS4. *FISTPUMP*

Seriously, I have bought both the XBOX and the XBOX 360 when they were first released, and they both had some sort of issue straight away. If I am getting a console, it'll be 6 months after all the issues are ironed out. As much as I hate to admit it the PS4 is probably the pick but its the lesser of two disappointing evils I guess. Much prefer playing games to their potential and at 60FPS+.

To old mate that mentioned that he does all his gaming on a Big TV and a controller, some PC manufacturers have developed full spec PC's that are the same size, if not smaller designed to be used like a console on a TV with a controller. Alienware have the X51 which is tiny and uses a laptop power supply:

Alienware X51 Gaming Desktop Details | Dell Australia

And iBuyPower do the TIKI which can be optioned with a desktop GTX TITAN:

iBUYPOWER Computer :: Revolt Z77

No excuse not to PC game now

str8vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
No excuse not to PC game now

Yeh, if you want to spend hundreds upgrading components every 6-12 months to keep up with the latest games.
Consoles are more appealing to more people because it's a no-fuss setup..just buy the game when it comes out stick it in and off you go.
And I used to be a 'light' pc gamer.

On the PS4, not sure if it's been posted yet but a strong rumor is that the PS4 will be out around mid November.:shutup: