Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[XQU53] Impulse VZ SV6 on 20's

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
This is a really nice car, except those wheels, looks like the sort of thing you'd bake pizza on lol.

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
I must say I do happen to really like my pizza haha! Nah its all good man, everyone has their opinions. Im just going more the show way as its a 6 its never gona be no race car

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
Gave my engine bay a bit of a detail as it was starting to get a bit messy and sprayed my engine covers. I reckon they look alright, think I might spray the 3 caps in the silver as well though
Anyway heres some pics of em
EngineBay.jpg

EngineCovers.jpg

5Lvrss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 sv6 auto I miss my SS
Looks Good

Car looks great mate i have a red sv6 but before i go off to the zorst shop what brand did u use and how does it sound. I know there will never be the v8 grumble but does it come anywhere close?

-SV6-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
How did you go with the tune?

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
Car looks great mate i have a red sv6 but before i go off to the zorst shop what brand did u use and how does it sound. I know there will never be the v8 grumble but does it come anywhere close?
Thanks bud.
My cat-back is actually just a custom pipe job, not an off-the-shelf brand exhaust. The 2.5" single sounds nice though, nice deep note and doesnt really drone at all. I will probably look at changing it though to either an X-Force or Redback system, if I decide to keep modding this n get extractors n new cats.

-SV6- said:
How did you go with the tune?
Tune went ok, finished up with 142.2 rwkw, which apparently picked up about 12-13 rwkw from the tune. Was hoping for a little more but not bad for basically stock I suppose. However, I have seen some much better results then that popping up though so may look into them having another play with it. Would be much better off with changing extractors n cats and maybe a new cat-back as I mentioned before, but will weigh up whether I will keep this and do more mods or look at an SS
Anyway heres the dyno graph
IMG.jpg

-SV6-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Thats one bumpy graph

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
Joey_19 said:
wheels dont suit mayb if it was lower, my opinion but that engine bay colour is very nice
Yeah will be going lower in the next couple of weeks. Just gota find time to get it done haha. Been meaning to do it for quite a while

-SV6- said:
Thats one bumpy graph
Yeah thats what I thought as well when I got it and it almost feels like that at times when driving the car as though theres a splurge of power. Think Im going to get them to have another look at it as the power figure doesnt quite seem right to me either as 142rwkw is basically 190fwkw which is the stock figure.