Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[XQU53] Impulse VZ SV6 on 20's

-SV6-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
What the tune cost you if you don't mind me asking? How does that compare to Impulses figures

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
The tune was $990 which is the standard price everywhere I believe.
Impulse has well and truly got me covered as he achieved approx 176rwkw, however he does have extractors and high-flow cats. But I still dont think a 35kw difference should be there. I may have also lost a little on the dyno because of my 20's, maybe 3-5kw, but I believe my car is lacking somewhere.

YBNV.4

"S1NGLE"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais / VL Calais / WB Deville
where did impulse get his tune? i know Hi-Torque's Dyno reads lower than the other 3 mine has been on. my ss was only 192kw on there dyno befor the tune and i know on the 3 different dyno's i was over the 200kw mark

yeah the 20's drop maybe 10hp off. just remember that most dyno's read different and that they are a tuning tool. get it out the track and c what it does down the 1/4. i took mine out sunday but couldnt get a time since i burnt out my clutch

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
where did impulse get his tune? i know Hi-Torque's Dyno reads lower than the other 3 mine has been on. my ss was only 192kw on there dyno befor the tune and i know on the 3 different dyno's i was over the 200kw mark

yeah the 20's drop maybe 10hp off. just remember that most dyno's read different and that they are a tuning tool. get it out the track and c what it does down the 1/4. i took mine out sunday but couldnt get a time since i burnt out my clutch
Impulse had his done at Hi-Torque as well thats the only reason its got me thinking but extractors n cats would make a fair difference. Yeah I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 7-8hp with the 20's so thats about 147rwkw.
Yeah I think I would like to get out to the track at some stage. Might have to make my way out there one day. Let me know next time youre going Trent, would be good to head out with ya

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
nice... i actually like the wheels too

what does the number plate mean?
Cheers mate
The plates say XQUSE basically...something a bit different...like my excuse to waste money:D

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
they do look different, but i have a fair bit more done to mine,

shouldnt compare them as like for like

Last edited:

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
also we have diff edition alloytec's

i have 06 euro spec emissions (different injectors and cats i think)

what fuel were you running?

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
Yea our graphs are quite different. The thing that does seem weird is how mine is so inconsistent through the power, for both the stock and the post-tuned runs.
I basically only ever use octane 98
But yea different editions is another good point, however I wouldnt have thought it would be a drastic difference. Would be interesting to have known what yours may have ran with the same mods as mine

-SV6-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Yours is a manual so it should of made a bit there over an auto.