Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rare/Weird holdens

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I'll give you a rare car. HDT IRS! 1 made (yea yeah, not HSV, but still holden)

Seen a video of that, VL Aero if i am not mistaken??? Actually HAS the plates HDT-IRS.....??

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute daily hj gts project
the 4x4 hz's i think were a factory built car don't know how many were made though. they were called the overlander panelvans and utes only i think

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
the 4x4 hz's i think were a factory built car don't know how many were made though. they were called the overlander panelvans and utes only i think

nope overlanders were an aftermarket mob

as for weird/rare holdens what about the combi vans ? dont see many around but there preeety cool bein a panelvan and all
even if they are fwd and a bit of a girls car :L

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Ok not quite a Holden but Brock imported Russian Ladas and renamed them as his own. One would think after cars he created he would pick a better model to base a creation off.
See Below.
Aussie Muscle Car Museum
What does a bloke do when he falls from grace with Australia’s own carmaker after a long and fulfilling racing and car building career spanning two decades? Easy. He predelivers Russian Lada pussbuckets, then names a version after himself. Yes folks, sometimes fact is truly stranger than fiction. You’re looking at a Brock Lada. (don’t believe me? Look at the badge on the hatch and the sticker on the engine). What was he thinking?

Mid 1988 Brockie took up residence in Lada HQ in Melbourne, and Australian complied (translated: rebuilt them into closer towards what they should’ve been in the first place) hundreds of the things. Well, a bloke has to make an honest living somehow. The “Brockified” Samara received 13” Delta alloys, side skirts, rear spoiler, single slot Brock grille (squint hard enough and it you can see a slight resemblance with the old VK Group A ‘letterbox’ variety), colour matched bumpers, 4 spoke SAAS leather sports wheel, and the aforementioned hatch badge and engine rocker cover sticker. No one knows (or cares) how many were built, but the ultimate collectible is the Brock Lada Convertible (aka ‘the skip’). Apparently, there’s a couple of dozen out there, I just couldn’t be bothered to go to all that trouble of finding one. Don’t worry Brockie, mate, we’re all allowed to have a bad day.

cheers
Scott

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
A little off topic but in following with the previous post the brock ea falcon? I've only ever heard about them so I may have been stooged

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
rare holdens, gotta love the 4 door panel vans used as ambo's. I think they were a hz or wb. They had a drivers door, front passenger and rear passenger door as well as the back door to the transport area

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
rare holdens, gotta love the 4 door panel vans used as ambo's. I think they were a hz or wb. They had a drivers door, front passenger and rear passenger door as well as the back door to the transport area

They were nearly as good as the HT Holden 3 door panel vans the Victorian Railways used .Only 1 door on the drivers side and 2 on the other side

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
vl F20 sv 4 made
vl F20 turbo 4 made

im pretty sure there was only 2 made of the Vl f20 turbo, there was a stock one featured in street commodores 3 or so years ago, and i remember clearly that the build plate said 1 of 2...

and also i dont think its been mentioned, but the VR GTS Brock, only 3 made, red white and blue, apparently the white one has been burnt, but the blue one is in a collectors garage and the red one is a standard stroked 355 with a blower on it...i think the 3 were a promo vehicles for mobile and brock...

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67

I thought they were 3 doors like the older ones.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
A little off topic but in following with the previous post the brock ea falcon? I've only ever heard about them so I may have been stooged

Yep they made em,Fairlanes too.

Attachments

• 804122.jpg
    804122.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 313