Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged v6 on p's?

msina1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim,
but i guess cops are gonna be like that everywhere with anyone in a commodore,

msina1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim,
Are they the same officers that arrested you. Say you have been caught (I'm not saying that you have)with stolen goods they will pull you over and search you for stolen goods, say you were arrested with drugs ( again not saying you did) they will search you for drugs. As you haven't said what you were arrested for it makes it hard, but as I said they can't pull you over and search you for no reason.

arrested twice, once for unlawful assualt/assualt with a weapon, and another time for damaging public property,

not even the same cops

not even arrested over anything car related,

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
Well thats why they are seaching you, 1 there looking for a weapon and 2 looking for something that could be used for damaging public property. If you stay out of trouble and just do what they say they will leave you alone after awhile.

msina1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim,
i just find it extremely intrusive being padded down just for sitting in a car park, even in a non p plated stock ford,

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
i just find it extremely intrusive being padded down just for sitting in a car park, even in a non p plated stock ford,
Well, if that's the case, dont tell us, tell vic police head office in melbourne! If you word your letter well enough you'll get a nice reply to which you can print out and carry with you. Remember to mention that you thought we were living in an innocent until proven guilty society?

Although it will depend on how recent the charges are.

Maybe if you can get written references from authority figures that will help you too. E.g. When i goto court i have a lawyer/solicitor that has known me since i was a baby and he writes me really good refernces, as the judges in the area know him and know he's a lawyer they actually take the time to read the reference in court [everything stops while the judge is reading it (not out loud of course)] and actually helps with getting penalties lessened and what not. I went to court, with a written reference, walked out with no conviction pleading guilty.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I drive around in a modified Sv6 VE on my p's and ive never been picked on, never pulled over except for a boose bus. M

ight be the fact they think its my dads (he is on his p's! he cant possibly afford one!!) or they think im too poor to afford mods on a new commodore.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Reading over that makes no sense... I got my license in february 2008. I'm on my green p's, I thought I was allowed to drive a modified vehicle, just not a forced induction or V8.

Am I right? On my green p's.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
kuzman89, because you got your licence AFTER July 1st 2007 you are on the NEW vehicle restrictions, but on the old licence style.

That means you can't have 8 or more cylinders, can't have turbos or superchargers (unless it's diesel). You canot modify your engine for performance or the vehciles in the government gazette!

High powered vehicle restrictions that apply if you obtained your probationary licence after 1 July 2007 | Arrive Alive

Although, reading over this technically you'd be able to get away with an exhaust modification. Because your not ACTUALLY modifying the engine!

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
hmm a good read over this and i thought id add my 2 cents, ive got all the silent mods that arnt noticeable, k&n air filter, cai system, intercooler piping, sports tires (if theres such a thing) and then i do have a sports exhaust that is noticeable, ive got vt ss 17 inch rims and a clubsport spoiler, ive only ever been pulled over once and thats when i had 2 ppl in my car while on red p's and lucky me got away witha warning. Also one night coming home i was passing through geelong and no joke i had a cop behind me and another one a couple hundred meters infront of me and didnt get pulled over, mean while my exhaust was clearly heard.

I mite just be a lucky bloke but ive never had any real issues with the police as of yet and my car isnt stock.

p.s. i went to my local vicroads and they told me as long as a sports exhaust is within the sound limit (dont know what that is) its legal to have one in victoria

msina1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim,
i dont think cops even know the red p's rules, i'v had to once explain it to them when their were two passengers in the car, and one was younger then 16,