Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steel piping Air intake

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nah winter time you could stick your tongue to an intake pipes here they get that cold

sycosystem

Reaction score
Members Ride
S1 L67 VS Calais & Datsun 120Y
I just installed a new induction system.

Before
img7055vg1.jpg

By upeted1, shot with Canon DIGITAL IXUS 50 at 2008-12-03

After
daniel.jpg

By upeted1, shot with Canon DIGITAL IXUS 75 at 2009-05-24

MACE

Reaction score
i didnt notice any diffence in mine and ive been on long drives where it wud have reached max temp and still ran the same

Sorry should have made myself more clear. The problem is more specific during stop start city traffic, as has been mentioned by delcowizzid below. Killer engine bay :D Would it be too much of an ask to email us some high res pics of your engine bay :thumbsup:

the only time the pipe will get any real heat in it is if you are sitting at the lights for any length of time the air rushing down them makes them nice and cold.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
wow this thread has got some popularity lol...

but back to the topic when i first changed the intake as mentioned before i noticed an instant change in performance, it was smoother and to me seemed to get from 0-100km quicker (no i didnt put foot to floor), it just seems to have better response all together.

Yea there is the issue of the pipe heating up when at city traffic and ill admit when im sitting in the city my temperature rises pretty dam fast but as someone said as soon as i get moving it goes straight back down (we obviously know why). So MACE and delco correct with what they are saying.

Also wogboyz im glad you like it and also great engine bay lol looks sick.

Now the next few upgrades ill be adding to my car in the next few weeks is the delco tune which is sitting in my house atm, a holden cai (or possibly a MACE cai) and probs extractors.

But with this intake piping as i said im very pleased with it and each to their own, everyone has their own opinion on it

Last edited:

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
wogboy you should probably invest in one more hose clamp ;)

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Sorry should have made myself more clear. The problem is more specific during stop start city traffic, as has been mentioned by delcowizzid below. Killer engine bay :D Would it be too much of an ask to email us some high res pics of your engine bay :thumbsup:

do want me to take more pics of the bay? i dunno if my camera can get any better quality then that lol