Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steel piping Air intake

MACE

Reaction score
Smooth (larger) piping to replace the factory item would work well in increase kw. However I would avoid making it out of steel (unless it was heavily insulated) as you find that the car will become real sluggish once heat soaks into the pipe :(

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Smooth (larger) piping to replace the factory item would work well in increase kw. However I would avoid making it out of steel (unless it was heavily insulated) as you find that the car will become real sluggish once heat soaks into the pipe :(

i didnt notice any diffence in mine and ive been on long drives where it wud have reached max temp and still ran the same

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Heres pics of the bay

P5240168.jpg

P5240166.jpg

P5240164.jpg

P5240165.jpg

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
The same reason why holden doesnt make cars come standard with high flow filters better exhuast systems ect cus a ribbed plastic intake is cheap and is fine for a stock standard car

i have the mace plenum spacer and it doesnt slow air down, it provides better flow over the runners because the stock setup the end runner doesnt get good flow and alot of dead air sits in it

i noticed an improvment from changing the pipe so it obviously done some good over the stock one

thats my 2 cents

You didn't read what i said. I said it would be more expensive to use a mould with heaps of ribs in it (hence using more plastic, and therefore more expense). So one could conclude that unlike your other comparisons, price was not the motivation.

As for the plenum spacer, according to mace it does slow down the air. Here's a direct copy from the thread i linked, because you obviously didn't bother to read it, and you have yet to demonstrate you know anything about a performance product you've installed.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/v6-peformance-parts.96810/
A Plenum spacer is a special spacer that sits between your plenum cover and intake manifold. It's main purpose is to improve air distribution between cylinders by slowing down the air speed inside the plenum chamber. As a result there is less of a pressure drop inside the plenum chamber between cylinders, and less air momentum, resulting in better air distribution and power. Available in both 12mm & 25mm thickness.

Given this, my point still remains, why the conflicting theories about air velocity and power gains?