Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steel piping Air intake

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
wow this thread has got some popularity lol...

but back to the topic when i first changed the intake as mentioned before i noticed an instant change in performance, it was smoother and to me seemed to get from 0-100km quicker (no i didnt put foot to floor), it just seems to have better response all together.

Yea there is the issue of the pipe heating up when at city traffic and ill admit when im sitting in the city my temperature rises pretty dam fast but as someone said as soon as i get moving it goes straight back down (we obviously know why). So MACE and delco correct with what they are saying.

Also wogboyz im glad you like it and also great engine bay lol looks sick.

Now the next few upgrades ill be adding to my car in the next few weeks is the delco tune which is sitting in my house atm, a holden cai (or possibly a MACE cai) and probs extractors.

But with this intake piping as i said im very pleased with it and each to their own, everyone has their own opinion on it

yeah i havnt drove in the city much at all since i got it and i never really go city or sit for long periods so thats sweet :dance:

lol thanks mate urs looks good too

MACE

Reaction score
do want me to take more pics of the bay? i dunno if my camera can get any better quality then that lol

Even these pics are great :thumbsup: Just need them in high res thats all ;)

In regards to using a cable tie to replace a hose camp, in the short term it would be fine, however depending on the quality it might be a problem long term. Sadly come across too many crappy cable ties in my time :cry:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Even these pics are great :thumbsup: Just need them in high res thats all ;)

In regards to using a cable tie to replace a hose camp, in the short term it would be fine, however depending on the quality it might be a problem long term. Sadly come across too many crappy cable ties in my time :cry:

lol there not crap cable ties there the ones i used when i done sparky it will hold i just cant find any clamps bigger then 76mm to fit there :cry:

also how i make them high res? lol

MACE

Reaction score
lol there not crap cable ties there the ones i used when i done sparky it will hold i just cant find any clamps bigger then 76mm to fit there :cry:

also how i make them high res? lol

Ah all good then :D

In regards to the pics if you can send them just how they came from the camera it's all good (no resizing)

Cheers
Steve

frase

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec Wagon V6 Manual
yeah mace maybe you can make a replacement maf pipe that is all silicone!
save us people stuffing around with pipes and bends and all that...
plus you could make nice profit coz it costs enough to get the stuff to do this yourself... i got a price for the silicone bend at $80 and repco wanted $39 for the bit of pipe