Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trev's VC SL/E

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
That autosol is good stuff . I polished up a set of calais rims. It come up real good with little effort.

I was not a big fan of the VB/VC commodore till I bought one.

Mate it is coming a long good.

I feel I have been ripped of. Paid $425 for mine and it is pov model with vynil seats.

But at least its red.

Keep us posted on progess. Looking good.

Thanks dude appreciate it

That's a nice colour, and you've done real well to get it for a hundred bucks.
How'd you get it (the price) so low?

The guy offered it to me because he knew I would try to restore it I know pretty weird reason but I guess right place right time

You are probably the first person I've seen clean the auto instead of degreasing and painting it silver, in saying that, you have done a great job, I've got a lot of the door hardware if you are looking, was going to ebay it but cant be bothered with the million and one questions.

Now that's a stuffed servo, usually they spider crack but that looks like its exploded.

Really? very suprising I know alot of people clean and paint transmissions but I didnt know I was the first to clean then polish lol

Yeah im after any parts I can get my hands on thanks for the offer pm me cheers

Thats the way the car at the time came with I put it into drive and it didnt move so I knew it had to be a problem with the trans so yeah pulled it apart and the servo was completely shattered will put a pic up of what it was like when i took the servo cover off

yeh good job on the box looks sick

Thanks didnt really think it would come up that good but yeah it did

Ok didnt get to much done today I put the chrome covers on the gold engine & I had abit of left over paint from the engine so I slapped some on the trans dust cover

100_3783.jpg

100_3784.jpg

100_3785.jpg

100_3786.jpg

And the pic of the servo

100_3586.jpg

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
the motor looks insane **** that servo is ***ed

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice score dude. :thumbsup:

So did you get two motors/trannys in the deal?

Looks like you're making some decent progress already, and nice work on the transmission, came up a treat.

No the blue motor and trans which is what im using came out of a vh v8 that I managed to pick up for $250 Thanks for the comments

100_3069.jpg

I wish i had the skills to do some of the things that people do here :(

Anyway, good work with the car.

Mate all you need to do is take stuff apart and put it back together thats how I learned and probably alot of other people on here just experiment and take your time mate and thanks for you comments your car looks bloody sweet

I spent a couple of hours on the Headers and exhaust the other day you can see the condition they were in in the 4th post of this topic

here they are now
100_3790.jpg

100_3791.jpg

100_3792.jpg

100_3793.jpg

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got the purple motor & trans out today Starting to clean up the engine bay now also cleaned and painted some other parts today

100_3794.jpg

100_3795.jpg

100_3796.jpg

100_3797.jpg

100_3800.jpg

100_3801.jpg

100_3802.jpg

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
I have to say, it great to see this sort of effort, of course a lot of the engine gets hidden the more stuff that goes in but if you don't get sick of cleaning and painting EVERYTHING before it goes in, that's looking like a killer engine bay. Memories of the last car I did a year ago, the new project should be even better.
Just a tip, once you are all done, I got an auto elec to redo and hide all the wiring for $300 if I remember right, makes a huge difference
Excellent job, keep it up:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 14092008(002).jpg
    14092008(002).jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 358
  • 09082008(002).jpg
    09082008(002).jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 515

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
yes it is, I wanted to see what the Jap V8 cars have to offer, yeah not bad, seat warmers air suspension and a bunch of other useless crap. Comfortable and fairly powerful.

red_vb

i am a she, not a he...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
ENV5 thats awesome with what you have done, what a bloody bargain, is that metallic in your gold i see and the tranny looks nice. i like the vh you have in the back ground hehe. is it me or are all your door straight? im in vic looking for a donor car with four straight doors and v8 cant find anything. please keep posting updates, i love seeing a old girl looked after.