Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trev's VC SL/E

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
I have to say, it great to see this sort of effort, of course a lot of the engine gets hidden the more stuff that goes in but if you don't get sick of cleaning and painting EVERYTHING before it goes in, that's looking like a killer engine bay. Memories of the last car I did a year ago, the new project should be even better.
Just a tip, once you are all done, I got an auto elec to redo and hide all the wiring for $300 if I remember right, makes a huge difference
Excellent job, keep it up:thumbsup:

Dont worry mate i wont get sick of it im going to try my hand at hiding the wiring myself im also going to try and remove the battery try will this be a good idea or should i leave it there?

ENV5 thats awesome with what you have done, what a bloody bargain, is that metallic in your gold i see and the tranny looks nice. i like the vh you have in the back ground hehe. is it me or are all your door straight? im in vic looking for a donor car with four straight doors and v8 cant find anything. please keep posting updates, i love seeing a old girl looked after.

Hello she red vb lol yes its a high temperature metallic gold and flameproof gold metallic on the headers yes all the doors are straight on all my cars lol the red vk maybe sold the gold and red vh im thinking about throwing that up for sale aswell

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Depends on what you want to do really, If you want a real clean bay which you seem to be doing quite well, hide whatever you can. I hate wiring, thats the one thing I am happy to hand over to the pros. That and interior trimming. Give it a go anyway, if it doesn't play the game with you, you can always tow it to a sparky and get them to finish it.

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers dude ill take the tray out and smooth the bay yeah if i have no luck with the wiring i am mates with a guy that has a tilt tray business so ill get it sent off to an auto elec if things strat getting a little hard

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X, 1997 SII Calais .
Great work mate . What color are you going to paint the car ?

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sandlewood met same as slenut's car as we both have the same paint codes on the compliance plate

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got stuck into bay & inner firewall preperation removed the battery tray thank god i did because its not looking to good under there removed the inner sound proofing to thank god i did that too as it was a real mess
Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

water in the passenger footwell :|
Picture006.jpg

10kg of useless soaked rust causing #$%^ removed
Picture007.jpg

Dash and bay & body loom removed
Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture012.jpg

More bay pics
Picture011.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

So yeah im getting there alot of holes to weld up smooth the bay hide the wiring wire brush the inner firewall and clean that up

red_vb

i am a she, not a he...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
:thumbsup::yeah::D:clapping:

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Please stop posting pics, I'm getting jealous, I found a warm 308 for the new VH and all I was going to do is remove and refit. After this thread I think I might HAVE to do more. You defineately dont muck around, keep up the good work, cant wait for the finished product.