Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Factory L67 TwinCharged Plans

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
Ok, latest update. Finished the x-over pipe today, making the 3" extension to the turbo tomorrow. Was a delay with the manifolds as the were for a VS but managed to modify them to suit. For the oil return, i will be running it through the dipstick hole but am opening up the hole a few more mm's and putting a new dipstick tube in to suit. Got the connections for the oil feed from Reece Plumbing yesterday. I expect to have the turbo mounted tomorrow and have it all running by thursday, if not, saturday/sunday. Any questions, just ask.

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
Ok all, finally getting back into it again. Had quite an occupied Christmas break... :drink::drink::drink: Lets see what i can get done before new years. Ok so below is a photo of the turbo mounted on the passenger bank. Officially the x-over is done (pics tomorrow if i remember) manifolds are done, oil feed an return lines are done, wastegate is mounted, turbo is mounted, intercooler is mounted only thing i have left to do now is the dump pipe (should have it done by sundown tomorrow) and i am waiting on the alloy intercooler piping to arrive. I was going to use mild steel for the IC piping but have instead opted for alloy for numerous reasons. So after tomorrow, all that awaits is the IC piping, move those AC lines over a bit more and testing :( fingers crossed!

sdc10424x.jpg

sdc10425w.jpg

Last edited:

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
latest update, have had a few delays, things leaking, parts not fitting etc, but back on track now. Tomorrow i will be plugging the silencer port on the blower, porting the outlet and and installing a water/meth injection into a mace 1" insulator plate for extra cooling. After that, just gotta wait on a new oil feed flange (last one snapped) the intercooler piping and the beenie. So provided the intercooler piping gets here by friday, i should be ready to put in on the dyno by next week. Had a little play the other night and reached full boost by 3000rpm with the SC pushing 8psi and the turbo at 11 it reached 26.6PSI compounded. Got the boost controller in now so should be able to adjust it up to 28+PSI. Vid is just of the turbo spooling and some pics for those that want them. Not reving it to hard in the vid, still being cautious at this stage, will have some WOT footage next week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bGmGIxCtbM

Wastegate looking from ground up

Stock manifold with turbo mounted

Oil return, sump was drilled and tapped to 1/2" BSP thread

Dumpipe

Turbo
[YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

warrjon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jaguar XJS V12 & VXII Super6 Calais
Good work, looks very neat.

26.5psi sounds about right I calculated 25psi

Whats the youtube link I couldnt find your vid

cheers

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
My mate did that once, spooled his turbo without oil lines, both the turbine wheels landed on his chasis rail, so it's probably not a good habbit :)

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
My mate did that once, spooled his turbo without oil lines, both the turbine wheels landed on his chasis rail, so it's probably not a good habbit :)

Na man, was just a one off for today, only had the turbo going for pretty much as long as that video did. Hooking the oil back up tomorrow.

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
Wow dude you don't mess about do you it was only a month or so ago you got those manifolds off me can't wait to see this thing up and running if you still have my number text me when she's done and we will catch up

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
Wow dude you don't mess about do you it was only a month or so ago you got those manifolds off me can't wait to see this thing up and running if you still have my number text me when she's done and we will catch up

just dont like me baby off the road for too long, haha. Project has been almost 2 1/2 weeks now (about 9 days).

Latest update:
Got the supercharger ported today and installed 1/2 of the water/meth injection. Totally forgot to take photos of the porting but did manage to get photos of some of the meth injection plate. There is also another water/meth injection nozzle going in the other size, just havent managed to get it done just yet. Assembling the supercharger tonight and should have it back together first thing in the morning.