Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Factory L67 TwinCharged Plans

muvro

TUFF 6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1 L67 A4
Man, really interesting project you've got going.

First question, Have you got an isolator for the water/meth injection?

Under vacuum, the inlet manifold will try and suck water in, and you won't be able to control it. Many years ago I was going to install water/meth into the U bend of the blower and was going to use a LPG cut off tap. It's a 12v operated tap. Pretty cheap and will ensure no water goes in when you don't want it to.

Also, where are you measuring the boost from?

Is it from the LIM?

I'll be following this with great interest. Not for replication, but to see the results. keep up the good work!

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
Man, really interesting project you've got going.

First question, Have you got an isolator for the water/meth injection?

Under vacuum, the inlet manifold will try and suck water in, and you won't be able to control it. Many years ago I was going to install water/meth into the U bend of the blower and was going to use a LPG cut off tap. It's a 12v operated tap. Pretty cheap and will ensure no water goes in when you don't want it to.

Also, where are you measuring the boost from?

Is it from the LIM?

I'll be following this with great interest. Not for replication, but to see the results. keep up the good work!

The water/meth lines have a check valve installed, it is rated so that either under suction or pressure the valve will not open under 16psi. As the injection will be beginning to operate at 12PSI anyway and suction on 3800 is only at ~9.8PSI on idle there wont be a problem. So when the boost goes from over 12PSI to suction, it will only suck out whats left in the lines and no more. As there will only be the most of a few ml's left in the lines anyway, there wont be a problem. Boost is measured from the LIM to take the total boost pressures, its just been T'd from the fuel pressure line. I'll see if i can get a diagram done up to clearly show where all of the pressure lines go.

As with the wastegate, ive had an interesting concept to control pressure. What im thinking is running a 20PSI spring and hooking up the top line of the wastegate to just after the TB where the BOV line is. That way on idle, the wastegate will be open and on WOT the wastegate will be full shut until the desired pressured is reached controlled by a boost controller. This way the wastegate wouldnt creep open and only open on a direct specified pressure and when you let the gas off to ultimately prevent surges all together. Ill give it a whirl tomorrow night an see how it goes.

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
lol sorry man, do work on other peoples cars for cash

haha, would love to but just dont have the time man. I got a Suzuki sierra LS1 conversion coming up after this is done so that will take up a fair bit of time too.

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
haha, would love to but just dont have the time man. I got a Suzuki sierra LS1 conversion coming up after this is done so that will take up a fair bit of time too.

that will be interesting to see. i had a sierra many years back and did the typical gti twin cam conversion. but ls1 will be crazy

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
that will be interesting to see. i had a sierra many years back and did the typical gti twin cam conversion. but ls1 will be crazy

yeah, had thought about the same idea but wanted something a little different. Ive done some basic measurements and it should fit snug without too much cutting an bashing. I was going to go full whipple charged an stroked but a standard LS1 in a 850kg vehicle with 38's? think about it, lol.

Bluewildangel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt II supercharged
that looks cool as hell have you left the bypass valve stock?
I havnt had mine retuned yet but i wired the bypass so its half way open this help reduce spool by 500 rpm

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
that looks cool as hell have you left the bypass valve stock?
I havnt had mine retuned yet but i wired the bypass so its half way open this help reduce spool by 500 rpm

Yeah mate, i was contemplating moving the bypass valve to in front of the turbo but dont think it would do much. Cars is sitting up in the shed as the moment, had the oil feed seal burst on the turbo and havent had time to clean off the oil from all the manifolds. Works picking up again.