Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace Engineering Development Car

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Hm on that note does anyone know how fast a Ford BF XR6 MKII does quarter mile standard. I can use this as a comparison. Beat my mates one (With CAI) by a car length or 2 right from the line until 140 then i started pulling away. Also won't be see any strip tests until the auto is rebuilt with shift kit & 2800 stall and the Twin Throttle Body Manifold is put in. After that I will be doing tests before and after supercharging the car. Strip & Dyno =D

They do a lowish 15. But it's hard to tell on the street, you can get a .2 head start so easily without noticing and .2 off the line is like half a second at the finish line which is the same as having a BULK load more power. The only way to know what really happened is with beams

VS_WPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Nah his got a private street we can test on (he has farm). We setup some lights as well so it was pretty accurate. Ideally the testing should have been done on the strip. During this testing the outcome was always the same.

Last edited:

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Oh the old private street ;)

OK, I actually half believe you and don't care anyway really, as for me I just use a street INTO my parents' farm, which nobody but us ever uses. I think that counts just as well, as long as I don't leave any big fat burnout stains on it I don't see the problem:)

VS_WPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
On this note we ONLY condone practical testing of this nature to be done on certified track, for the obvious safety and legal reasons!

CORRECT! :thumbsup: The track is the ideal place to do testing of this nature.

Last edited:

VS_WPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Car will be getting tuned in the next week or so.. Will keep you posted =D

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Heheh, been wondering what happened to you blokes, suppose we all deserve a holiday hehe ;)