Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service Cost

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
im not sure of the exact amount but it wouldnt be far away, and it is pricy to dump oil and filters at commercial level, its all epa regulations

edit on this our worskhop fees are $15, so you got a bargin than

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
should I go back to Holden for my 45k?? Where else would you recomend around the South Eastern surburbs of melbourne?

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
should I go back to Holden for my 45k?? Where else would you recomend around the South Eastern surburbs of melbourne?

Mate, I highly recommend Chev's Performance Centre in Carrum Downs. If you walked out of there unhappy, I'd eat my car! Absolute top notch work and fantastic blokes to boot. Also they do your handbook servicing, just incase you're wondering.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Mate, I highly recommend Chev's Performance Centre in Carrum Downs. If you walked out of there unhappy, I'd eat my car! Absolute top notch work and fantastic blokes to boot. Also they do your handbook servicing, just incase you're wondering.

Eat your car.

I took my car there to be tuned and have extractors fitted. I went back to get my car at the time he told me to come back, the car wasnt ready and he'd put $800 worth of extras on the car that i hadnt asked for and that he hadnt confirmed with me first.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Eat your car.

I took my car there to be tuned and have extractors fitted. I went back to get my car at the time he told me to come back, the car wasnt ready and he'd put $800 worth of extras on the car that i hadnt asked for and that he hadnt confirmed with me first.

did you pay the extra $800 dollars and what was the extra's ???

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Eat your car.

I find it hard to believe that they'd put $800 of extras on your car (without asking) if you went in for headers and a tune. What parts did they install for $800? There's more to this story surely.....

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
did you pay the extra $800 dollars and what was the extra's ???

Nope. Extras were:

"When i put the car up on the hoist, the bonnet fell down, so i put some bonnet struts in it. $140 for the struts.

"When i was getting the leads off i broke a lead, so i put a whole new set on"

"I changed the spark-plugs over when i took the leads off"

And then he added $200 on for GST, which he didnt mention at the start. After 20 minutes of argueing, and him using the reasoning that "You're an apprentice mechanic, why dont you do the work yourself" i was over it.

That's why i wont be going back there to spend anymore money. He saw a young person walk in and though "Beauty, im going to sting him for some extra money"

Yet he gets away with some sort of hallowed reputation. If a dealer tried to add $800 onto a quoted price most people would have kittens there and then.

EDIT:

It may have been $600 he added on, im not sure, it was a while ago. Regardless, if he'd added $50 on and not told me i wouldnt have been happy. But to add hundreds on and then insult me for questioning his reasoning. As i said to him at the time, if he'd shown some courtesy and called me, i would have likely agreed. But he just decided to go ahead and do all the work and expect me to open my wallet and pay.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Geez all that extra work and not even a phone call to confirm with you if its ok to go ahead and if you can afford it , sounds like ned kelly is alive and well , just aswell you didnt have a bottom end knock they might have dropped in a rebuilt motor for you .
good to hear you had a win , but wot about the next poor sucker ( someone's mum or dad ) you isnt as lucky as you ....