Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

internet USAGE!

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Your in for a huge shock if you ever get to that limit (when i was with them it was 40g, BUT, they never mentioned that, it was just in the very fine print of the brochure they gave me)

I was using over 60g with Bigpond, maybe the last 5-6 days at the end of each month i was slowed down, so far with Optus (4 months in) it seems to be fine, no extra charges or catches.

ETA: Found this info on the package I have... Excess usage does not apply to $129 ‘yes’ Fusion Plan. $129 plan has unlimited Broadband usage unthrottled up to 30GB, once 30GB is reached it will be speed limited to 256kbps. Usage means monthly combined uploads and downloads, 1 GB = 1000 MB.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I was using over 60g with Bigpond, maybe the last 5-6 days at the end of each month i was slowed down, so far with Optus (4 months in) it seems to be fine, no extra charges or catches.
Just for info, their $178 plan has this 'A Huge 20GB of monthly broadband usage#

I'd say yours would be similar. Sure, you might be happy with 256 (and might not even notice the speed drop), but 90% of the population arent (and why would they, the rest of the world is light years ahead in that regard)

Edit: just checked, the fusion $129 plan is up to 30gb before its throttled. Like i said, not true unlimited ;)

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
hmm i think i understand where stealthy is coming from. When i first signed up for bigpond it was called the "unlimited" plan for 59 a month.. but it wasnt fkn unlimited it was 20gig so why call it unlimited? i got capped almost everytime until i could be bothered calling them up and waiting 20 mins to speak to someone.

but still 129 per month seems reasonable as it includes free calls!! thats mad

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
hmm i think i understand where stealthy is coming from. When i first signed up for bigpond it was called the "unlimited" plan for 59 a month.. but it wasnt fkn unlimited it was 20gig so why call it unlimited? i got capped almost everytime until i could be bothered calling them up and waiting 20 mins to speak to someone.

but still 129 per month seems reasonable as it includes free calls!! thats mad

TPG offer unlimited for $75 a month, plus $1 line rental. Thats $58 worth of free calls before your close to optuses plan.

AAPT have unlimited for $100 a month, line rental included. still $30 of calls before its close (BUT, no speed restrictions at all)

Personally i dont make ****all calls, so i'll be joining AAPT the second a +2 port is avaliable.

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
Someone told me that china and alot of other countries have internet that is way way way faster than ours here in aus. Our government just hasn't signed the "protocal" yet.. damn k.rudd

alexp36

Keep honkin-I'm reloading
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
To check (and/or set) your upload and download limits in uTorrent, just double click on the name of the torrent.
This should bring up the torrent properties dialogue box.
Under the "General" tab, there is a section called "Bandwidth Settings".
The top two boxes in this section are for maximum upload rate and download rate.
A "0" in any of these boxes denotes no limit.
I often set my max upload rate to about 5 or 10 k.
This is especially important if you are going to bed and leave a torrent running. The upload will continue forever, until you specifically stop it, or close uTorrent.

If double clicking the torrent doesn't work, you can right-click it, and choose properties instead.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
A little off topic but i thought i'd share anyhow. Been noticing over last month or so my wireless network getting used by a THIEF!!(one of my neighbors i guess) i know this for sure because our 2 pc's are wired to router and the only wireless device is playstation which is off mostly. Anyhow got into my router settings tonight and noticed a 4th device connected named *****sdesktop, so read up all i could on wireless network security and i quickly changed my security settings for the wireless and passworded it. Then i checked log sometime later and it said DOS attack:smurf (denial of service attack) which basically means he was getting revenge on my network by spamming fake ip's or something i don't quite understand lol I guess he wasn't too impressed with losing his free internet that i've been paying for. So i uppped the ante with the highest level of encryption and a custom passkey for my devices and seems to have stopped now. so be wary there are thieves everywhere lol

thanks for hearing my rant xD

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
lol, geez. Makes me want to put a password on my wireless network.. how do u? i have windows xp

cdtoaster

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
You know TPG just introduced an unlimited plan for $75 (thats, never be capped, download whatever you want with +2)

I would have gone that for the extra $25.....

id rather go with a proper company like internode and iinet and have the reliability