Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No anti-virus software? No internet connection

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
why don't they force Australian ISP's to get their security sorted, then their customers wouldn't get viruses and SPAM.
Apparently half the reason Australia is such a target for SPAM, is because our ISP's don't have the systems in place to stop spammers hijacking email addresses.

More often than not, it's because of computer-illiterate people giving their information away for free.

Something they are ignoring completely is that as long as there are stupid people, virii will not be the best way to get bank account details etc. Social Engineering is what they use, and it's things like the whole nigerian prince wanting to pay you fees for accepting $500,000,000,000 on their behalf. There's no need to produce virii or trojans when there are so many gullible, stupi people using computers.

You should need a licence to use a computer. Three things you should need a licence for: Driving, using a computer, and breeding.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Wow, this is complete win.

Dont know how on earth ISP providers will be able to track your computers contents without massive invasion of privacy, but then to cut them off from the internet. Whenever I get a virus, the first thing I do is check the various websites for information about it. Without that reference point, how are people going to be able to remove it? Couple that with being unable to update your anti virus because you have no connection it is clearly an idea thought out by someone who has no ****ing idea. An Antivirus isnt the only thing people need though, firewalls and intelligence goes a long way and there doesnt seem to be a mention of that.

If people click on spam email saying they have won 100000000 gajillion dollars they deserve to have their **** stolen.

I wonder if this Steven Conroy actually owns a computer. I smell a man who doesnt even know how to turn it on so everything is scary for him.

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
every since I was 15, I never used a antivirus....
I dont see my credit card details being stolen....

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
so WHO voted for labour exactly because im getting sick of all this internet stuff, why dont they just leave it to ISP and not force them to do anything

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
so WHO voted for labour exactly because im getting sick of all this internet stuff, why dont they just leave it to ISP and not force them to do anything

Because if they do that the portal will kill everyone.

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R

Watch out, If you keep going with this free speech thing, they'll shoot you.
We are in China now aren't we?

I think we should have the election VERY soon or this **** is just going to get worse. They already know they aren't getting back in, so all the stupid ideas are coming out.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
More often than not, it's because of computer-illiterate people giving their information away for free.

Something they are ignoring completely is that as long as there are stupid people, virii will not be the best way to get bank account details etc. Social Engineering is what they use, and it's things like the whole nigerian prince wanting to pay you fees for accepting $500,000,000,000 on their behalf. There's no need to produce virii or trojans when there are so many gullible, stupi people using computers.

You should need a licence to use a computer. Three things you should need a licence for: Driving, using a computer, and breeding.

true, however when you handed your email address over for this very forum, you in effect offered it to spammers. Spammers use robots, spiders, crawlers, harvesters that will dig up email addresses from even the most secure forum software. And unfortunately many forums reject free email addresses such as yahoo, msn etc because spammers use them. The problem with Australian ISP's, is they won't implement the proper systems to prevent the hijacking of email addresses (where your email address is unknowingly used to send spam) whereas in other countries such as the US & UK, there are systems in place to help prevent such practices.

Last edited:

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
This isn't actually Conroy's idea, it was the brain fart of a house of reps standing committee...