Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bin Boom Box

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Hey all

Im making a Wheely bin into a boom box.

It will consist of:

-160L Wheely bin
-Sony head unit
-4x 6x9" speakers
-a massive ****er of a battery
-1x 12" subwoofer (99% chance of it being a Fusion EN-SW12HD)
-2x Pioneer GM-3300T amps
-about 8km of wire
-a few switches

My main idea is to have the amps mounted on the wheel side, the battery inside it, the HU on the lid, 2 speakers on each side and the sub on the front of it

Ill be having a switch to turn the amp for the sub on and off, and in the second drawing my proposition is to have a power kill switch for the speaker sub (one channel for 2 speakers) and a switch to direct the speaker cables to either the amp, or straight to the speaker, using the HU's amp instead of the GM-3300T

Here is the full wiring diagram, which will be probably changed on the way:

BinBox.jpg

and here is the speaker amp by-pass idea:

BinBoxthoughtforampby-passforpowers.jpg

All idea's/suggestions/questions or confusions are much appreciated as this isnt the final idea and will most probably be changed, so let me know what you all think, if it will work, any way to do it easier or ways youve seen it done

Let them come

Thanks

Last edited:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Edited my post, i as i wrongfully assumed that the 3300 T would not run at 2 ohm, turns out it does.

Last edited:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Multi-channel amps can run at 2 ohm per channel, two 6x9's in parallel per channel is fine. It's the same as bridging the amp to 1 channel at 4 ohm.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I wasn't sure that the 3300T would be ok at lower impedance. I dug up the owners manaul and indeed it turns out that it will run a 2ohm across both channels at 75 x 2. So i stand corrected.Now im going back to bed !!

aazn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
only thing i would change in your setup would be that switch you have on the first amp..

put the switch on the remote. (blue wire on the back of your headunit)

then you will need switches to change the wires from amp --> headunit

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
only thing i would change in your setup would be that switch you have on the first amp..

put the switch on the remote. (blue wire on the back of your headunit)

then you will need switches to change the wires from amp --> headunit

I was speaking to Joe (Secure Shopping) last night and yeah, he told me about the remote. Im slowly pulling all my stereo stuff out of the 10,000 plastic bags my dad put them in, suprisingly, there is no dust on them.

How would i set up the remote though?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
This thread has made me want to do this too... I've got no way of transporting a wheelie bin though and I bet the thing would get stolen as soon as I got blind drunk :bang:

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
sounds like a mad idea. i recon just brace the front from the inside and have everything opposite to the amps.

unless your looking for surround sound.

sub on the bottom four speakers in the middle and headunit on the top of the same side. the the amps on the same side you suggested

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
This thread has made me want to do this too... I've got no way of transporting a wheelie bin though and I bet the thing would get stolen as soon as I got blind drunk :bang:
Yeah, thats one thing im scared of. I might buy the bin today if bunnings hasnt closed down yet
sounds like a mad idea. i recon just brace the front from the inside and have everything opposite to the amps.

unless your looking for surround sound.

sub on the bottom four speakers in the middle and headunit on the top of the same side. the the amps on the same side you suggested

I sorta want surround, so 2 on each side, the sub at the front and the amps/killswitches at the wheel end...