Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bin Boom Box

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Damnit now i wanna steal my neighbours bins and put all my left over audio equipments in them. You know you could design an enclosure, that sits in the bin, that way it would sound quite decent, as aposed to just using the bin istelf.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
I do all my drawings/plans in paint too haha

I used this weird stuff called paper :p
Paint is easier
Damnit now i wanna steal my neighbours bins and put all my left over audio equipments in them. You know you could design an enclosure, that sits in the bin, that way it would sound quite decent, as aposed to just using the bin istelf.
Yeah, well i found out my local bunnings is closed till september.. LOL, so off to penrith to get one instead.

How do you mean? Like a sub box and that, it would be too hard to access the battery when i go to change it...

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Just run some cabling out the rear of the bin from the battery for when you want to charge it. I meant turning the whole thing into an enclosure, Serperate chembers for the fulll range drivers, and a ported enlcosure for the sub. Would be a shitload of work though.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
The battery could sit on top of the box.
I'd prefer to keep it in the bin and in a sealed box.
Just run some cabling out the rear of the bin from the battery for when you want to charge it. I meant turning the whole thing into an enclosure, Serperate chembers for the fulll range drivers, and a ported enlcosure for the sub. Would be a shitload of work though.
Yeah, would be alot of work but would be good, hmm, IDK, how hard?

Ill be having a charger perminantly on it and having the charger bit under the amps.

How will i be able to attach like 100,000 things to the one terminal? Is there like an accessory 'power board' i could get for it?

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
So like on a car, one thing and then like 100 ring terminals.. OK

hmm, do i use my cadence 6" msplits or a second set of 6x9's?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Or you could use a terminal block, just depends on how many things you connecting.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I'd prefer to keep it in the bin and in a sealed box.
I said on top of the box, not on top of the bin. Make the bottom (1/4 - 1/3 or so) of the bin into a box for the sub, then battery on the box in a cradle. Then you don't have to reach to the bottom of the bin to get to the battery either.

100 ring terminals? 2 amps and a head unit... That's 3 cables per post or is there more?