Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Upgraded headunit and stero system.

fanez

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SV6
Cost from Holden for a new headunit is around $1600

Just looking through this post and your pics of the conversion . I also had my My10 SV6 head unit replaced to the SSV type , NAV and reverse camera -
Looking at your pics I see you that you have the same problem as me . Once re-programmed the SIC display shows battery voltage but the oil pressure gauge does not read anything.

Have to managed to get this issue resolved ?

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Just looking through this post and your pics of the conversion . I also had my My10 SV6 head unit replaced to the SSV type , NAV and reverse camera -
Looking at your pics I see you that you have the same problem as me . Once re-programmed the SIC display shows battery voltage but the oil pressure gauge does not read anything.

Have to managed to get this issue resolved ?

No not yet. Any ideas??

fanez

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SV6
No not yet. Any ideas??

Checked the Service Manual and both oil temperature & pressure are availalble on the GMLAN ( The SIDI SV6 has the required sensors ) So I can 8 cyl engine that the guage cannot read it .

The DIC ( or SIC ) is fully electonic and decodes the GMLAN signal so at this point besides for some direction from Holden - NFI

JHP have the upgraded version of the DIC - oil temp/pressure/Battery volts ( Electronic ) - It would realy be good to know if anyone has succesfully got this gauge to function is a 6Cyl SIDI car.

2010SV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6
awesome job on the stereo swap mate. Would it work on a 2008 SV6 though?? I heard there are lots of modules needed to connect amps and so on to the onboard ecu which controls everything!!!

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
awesome job on the stereo swap mate. Would it work on a 2008 SV6 though?? I heard there are lots of modules needed to connect amps and so on to the onboard ecu which controls everything!!!

No big differences between the 2008 and 2010 stero system. Yes it will work perfectly.

Its just as easy to hook an amp up to these cars as the old ones. You just need a high level converter. My high level converteris built into the focal amp. The amp has nothing to do with the onboard ecu, not sure who told you that.

It was a very easy job to hook the amp up!

3onTree

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline Sportswagon
I noticed the Dynamat on the doors, does that clear plastic door membrane that comes from the factory play a role in controlling side airbag deployment? I was told, not sure if its true, that the membrane on the doors serves to seal the door air volume and that in a crash the compression of air in the door trips one of the sensors that controls airbag going off?. Did you remove the membrane? Did you get any advice on that? Awesome car mate, you're very brave too. I cannot bare to pull a new car apart like that. You obviously know what you're doing, car looks great.

racka

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SS-V
I've been told that the level of stereo is coded to the level of car, ie so that a Calais head unit won't go into a Berlina. What you guys have done here seems to indicate that's not right. Did you have to get anything recoded or did the headunit just work?

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
great job mate, looks realy good, but what is a vim?