Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

** Rebuilding a Stroked/Turbo VT Ecotec **

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
no point making your plenum look like a mangled whorebag do it properly and drop it into one pipe
or 2x throttle bodies at the front of the engine

if u read what i said correctly u would understand where im coming from im not talking about a custom plenum

that bloke wanted to make the existing plenum with a throttle body on each side
that would look like the biggest fail ive seen.......

maybe u should read things correctly before you make yourself look like a Douche bag again

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Maybe you shouldnt have quoted my post as that means you reply is reffering to what i posted

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
What's wrong with 2? 1 on either side? Fill flight thinks its a good idea and Jamie is going to have a look at the possibility next weekend. He might put the tb's in the middle i don't know....

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
pub247;

Could you possibly send me more photos of that manifold??

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
that snort **** is the gayest ive seen staight up lol

my advice cause i know how much time u have spent on this engine and you also wanna make it look fkn mint to
get a new plenum 2xthrottlebodies
or get a new cooler 2 into one jobdone
cooler would be the cheapest way out
there is no loss in power into a 2 into one
is your existing plenum atm a reverse plenum?
Edit: just saw its not Try sell off your existing plenum and get a custom made one cause even with the original plenum its a bitch

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Personally i have dealt with snort and its not good ive just helped finish building a ED turbo running a snort mainfold (thread in my ride miscelleanious) and there has been numerous issues with theyre stuff including 6 month wait on $4000 spent product including them "loosing" 3 wastegate springs (cost $120 to replace) keeping a screamer pipe with vbands. Having to modify there intake plenum to make it work. The exhaust manifold having huge burrs where they cut pipe dodgey welding on stainless pipe and a really poor designed dump pipe with wastegate merge.

Wouldnt recommend their **** to anyone

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Forgive the question, but whats wrong with the single standard throttle body? You can force air into anything, I seriously doubt it'll be a limiting factory as far as power goes. Simple 2-in, 1-out intercooler, 3" pipe straight to the standard throttle body. Job done.

I dont think either there's anything wrong with 1 TB even a bored out 70mm will be plenty big enough. I think what they were trying to do is make something to work with his existing intercooler

pub247;

Could you possibly send me more photos of that manifold??

I'll add the only other photo i have its not my car and he ended up scrapping twin turbos and going a big gt42 single so he never finished it so to speak. If want more info on how it was made i can help you out
that snort **** is the gayest ive seen staight up lol

my advice cause i know how much time u have spent on this engine and you also wanna make it look fkn mint to
get a new plenum 2xthrottlebodies
or get a new cooler 2 into one jobdone
cooler would be the cheapest way out
there is no loss in power into a 2 into one
is your existing plenum atm a reverse plenum?
Edit: just saw its not Try sell off your existing plenum and get a custom made one cause even with the original plenum its a bitch

Totally agree i mentioned way earlier in the thread if he had or was planning a reverse plenum makes pipework much neater.

But your right he's spent all this money you want something thats looks awesome and not run of the mill like every other #### and his dog has. Which i why posted up Aarons VT it'd be something i'd be aiming at to acheive that stand out look

P23-06-09_1702.jpg