Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

** Rebuilding a Stroked/Turbo VT Ecotec **

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
basicly if these guys are welding all the piping cant see why they cant make a 2 into one after all the manifolds they would be making

basicly

ccrp_1104_15_o+the_wrenchrat_twin_turbo_kit+2_into_1_merge_carb_hat.jpg

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
dont need a tensioner with double row timing chains. Also the plenum he said wont be an issue any spiral effect if theres even one is not harmful turbulence is harmful. Look like the Giacotto group a manifolds. Personally i think one like my mate i posted easlier in the thread would look be the best you could still run same cooler that wau aswell but having 2 coolers as my mate had going vertical would work better

no point making your plenum look like a mangled whorebag do it properly and drop it into one pipe
or 2x throttle bodies at the front of the engine

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
haha i think iv'e got it sorted, can't i just make a cap and weld one of the holes on the cooler shut?? or is it 2 chambers 1 in 1 out for top and bottom???

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
my next question is...can i do it with 2 inputs and 2 outputs??? a Y piece or somethnig both ends???? how can it be done?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
no point making your plenum look like a mangled whorebag do it properly and drop it into one pipe
or 2x throttle bodies at the front of the engine

WTF are you talking about?

Your going to need some sort of twin entry plenum with the cooler you have klampy is right twin in twin out you need to use all 4. The problem is if you go 2 into 1 your going have a mess of pipework and one length of pipework is going to be hell of a lot longer than the other. Ideally you want to keep the pipework as short as possible and same length for either side or as close as possible having the manifold as you tuner said is the best solution to the problem you have.

This is how we did my mates setup. basically we got 2 smaller identicle coolers cut off 2 end tanks flipped them around and modified the intake holes. they're mounted vertically and both coolers then welded together. This also increases the size of the core that actually get use in cooling creating a more effiecent cooler and directing airflow better (making greater use of cores crosssectional area).
They angle back slightly and towards the top also requried mount the radiator back and down a little and having a custom neck to bring it up the the highest point or original height if you prefer. the plenum uses 2 v6 throttle bodies with a custom sheet metal plenum to increase volume an direct airflow better.

You'll notice how short the piping is is giving you less loss in boost pressure and a small decrease in lag

Tommay doesn't look like a mangled whorebag to me and i'm sure it's better than anything you can weld together. My mate and i are welders by trade and do this **** all the time. Maybe other people can give their opinions on this setup and tell me how **** it looks

P23-06-09_1704.jpg

P20-07-09_1714.jpg

Last edited:

Raptor Charged VX

Turboed Ls1 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
You should have a look at the gentt ls1 twin turbo cooler setup I think that will show you a more suited solution

Raptor Charged VX

Turboed Ls1 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Only thing i dont like about that is the one turbo hot side pipe has to come all the way along the intercooler do a 180 turn then go all the way back through the cooler making side side of the setup about 1m+ longer than the other. Other than that 2 into 1 setup is easier .

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman