Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP broken into, attempted theft

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
steering lock $15, only a deterrent, but will deter amauter joy riders.
Kill switch $3

Since I have to fix some of the wiring they trashed anyway i think I'll just wire in a discrete kill switch under the seat or something. I glued all the plastic back together yesterday and replaced the window ($25 less $5 "they stole all your change" discount) from Commodore Spares.

Thanks for all your input

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
those steering locks are a joke, 30 seconds to hack saw through the steering wheel and pop that **** right off...

votality

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore S2
Get a grip guys.

My cars ignition switch broke at a servo with the steering lock on.. like f#$k I was going to pay a locksmith $150 to break into my car.

Got the missus to get my metal drill bits. took about 2 minutes to drill the lock past the steering wheel lock and to where i could turn the barrel without a key, the metal is very very soft. Got a new barrel... easy peasy...

Conclusion:

Any idiot with 2 free minutes and a cordless drill and a metal bit can steal your car.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
ive used a cordless drill on an old vn calais i bought without keys, couple of minutes drilling out the ignition and job done.but i didnt need to start it just get the steering lock off so i could tow it.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Hey, I was just wondering what activates the security system? Sometimes when I get in my car it asks me to press remote but other times it doesnt? Just curious. Thanks

When you push the button to lock the car activates it, and it will activate itself after a certain period of time after turning the car off. Don't know the exact time but it's not ages. 15mins or so?

Braydenreid

Reaction score
Members Ride
S/C VX Calais
those steering locks are a joke, 30 seconds to hack saw through the steering wheel and pop that **** right off...

ive heard that they are pre easy to break just from turning the steering wheel with excesive force

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
ive heard that they are pre easy to break just from turning the steering wheel with excesive force

Yeah,right,Weve tried to break steering locks before with brute force and we just ended up ripping the whole steering column from its mountings,so whoever says they are weak,doesnt know what they are talking about..

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I'm in Melbourne
which suburb if you dont mind me asking? Just had a mate turn uptoday and his roof is caved in from some wanker jumping on it.. It now has to have the whole roof cut off and new put on and the bonnet painted too..Its a wagon as well..

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
The immobiliser wiring on VP's doesnt even go into the steering column,it goes from the override switch in the left door jamb,to the BCM or TDM under the dash,so Id love to know how you started it just by accessing the steering column..Maybe the immobilser override keylock was turned off when you started it..

No it wasent in override and I would like to know to. It was reds on off, on off for a while tell it did it tho.