Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The JC RC Car thread

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
went and bought myself an adapter for the charger this morning... sick of waiting! went to take it out and its pissing down with rain... done it anyway, ####ing good fun!

Still trying to get my head around how to charger works properly, i dont really understand but ill get there! Thinking i might take it upto the track later and ill try and get some pics up.

EDIT: Sorry, Troy just to keep annoying you! this charger, is it normal to make ALOT of noise? also it has an auto-shut off that i have set for 93 minutes, but will it auto shut off when it hits fully charged anyway?

Last edited:

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
What charger is it? If its the standard Traxxas one that comes with it I have no idea how they work cos I've never used it. Mine just went in the bin.

The hobbyking ecosix balance charger. The one you said you had.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I finished my boat stand today. I added some eye bolts to attach some straps to use as carry handles and also added some tie down points so it's secure during transport.

a2d8f9fb.jpg

149cb053.jpg

Hopefully I'll be down the coast for Bogan Pride weekend so I should be able to give it a few decent runs.

Also worked out a way to store all my cars. All I did was screw some cup hooks into the underside of my shelf and hang them by the wheely bar.

88f8ba83.jpg

Not a bad idea if I don't say so myself.

Next step is to get my 2 drifters (the orange and blue ones) fully up and operational (minus radio gear) and also rebuild my Lazer (the buggy hanging far left). At least that way I'll have a decent selection of cars running to suit all applications.

INNAWE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 5ltr
In regards to the Nitro % to run in the motor.
What mixture you use to run the Motor in is what you should use to run the motor after tuned. If you start changing the mixture around then you will have problems with tuning. As the high nitro % obviously have a high temp than the lower they need to be ran richer than lower %.
I run 25% as its recommended by manufacture, but it runs rich. Normally 15% is pretty good because you can get them tuned pretty fine and screaming. Just because others run higher nitro than you does not necessarily mean they will have higher horse power!
Tune it on 15% right down to the low speed needle than you will be safe and happy with the outcome.
Trying to put in a link that’s got pretty much all you need to know not sure if it will work though lol.

Nitro Engine Tuning

Cheers

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Ahh, Running my slash yesterday ####ING FUN!!! didnt get to the track but i ripped up a little kids playground instead With my little brothers scooter jumps :). Will be going straight to the track after work. I copped a big beating yesterday, the shell is pretty well ####ed. But everything else is still good... so im very with it... i got it out maybe 4-5 times yesterday.

Battery is taking 70-80 minutes per charge with the eco six balance charger. Is that about normal... i read through the manual and used all the powers it said to but i remember reading it should be 8 hours =S

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah the supplied Traxxas charger is only a trickle charger and takes 8 hours, but the charger you're using is a fast charger, those times sound about right. I'm assuming that's using the stock 3000MaH battery?

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Yeah the standard 3000MaH battery. Will i do it any damage like this. The battery says charge at no more than 3 amps all the time and 4 amps for quick charging. I've it set at 2.8 so it should be fine just wanted to know if it was normal! cheers!

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah should be fine, I use a fast charger at 3 amps and have recharged several packs multiple times with no problems. My problem is keeping cars running and in 1 piece ;)