Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The JC RC Car thread

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
Hopefully this works.

[youtube]msWkfDbN1ak[/YouTube]

That wasn't even anywhere near the worst stack I had, in fact it was one of the tame ones!

I swear i rode my dirt jumps bike there

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
i broke it.

Looks like the front arm, The shock came out but it doesnt seem damaged.

Haha nice! That's what I call a 'forced upgrade'. Have a look at RPM arms… most times they are cheaper and are much more durable.

As for the spur gear casing I think there may be one underneath which it need to pull the whole arse end off to get to. If that is the case there is 4 2.5mm bolts to remove and you just pull the rear off. Check out your manual and have a look at the exploded views to see if you are missing a screw.

Your body looks like mine, beaten and abused... the way it should be haha.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Ouch dude, to me that looks really bad, would drive me nuts my car being that scratched up.

I'm not too keen on the shape of your guys' trucks, they just seem wrong to me.

I am still keen on an E-Revo Brushless kit, but at $1300 it is a bit much at the moment, a few more weeks of saving and i will have it though!

The way I see it is that a damaged body is like a badge of honor. The first time I took my brand new Slash out and did a massive lid skid I laughed and realised it was a sign of things to come. I basically buy them to break them and have fun in the process.

I want an E Revo too, I was actually tossing up between it and a Slash and I'm glad I went the Slash. The Revo looks like awesome fun, don't get me wrong, but the Slash is more suited to how I like to run my cars. Although the thought of doing standing start backflips gets me horny lol.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
^^ hahaha nice one Troy

yeah i drive mine with the lid off. better cooling tbh as its nitro.. i took a corner flat knacker in my street and the ass stepped out and i hit the blue reflector on the road(the fireies use as markers) and watched her cartwheel 5-6 times and slide on the head/heatsink for about 10 meters... was like oops hope shes ok :p

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
These will be the go i think! RPM R/C Products - Traxxas Slash 4x4 Front or Rear A-arms - Blue

Cheers for that troy. How long do they usually take to get here? or do you buy from your local.

Also the oil out of the shock went everywhere...

From US is about 2 weeks. Some locals might stock RPM but if you are stinging to drive it in the mean time just buy a stock set and use those until the RPMs turn up. A good way to stop the shock caps popping off is to he some alloy caps. I've had that happen a heap of times and unfortunately it's one of those things you need to deal with regularly unless you upgrade. Go on eBay and look for item 350516944384. RC Boyz are great to deal with and are one of the quicker sellers shipping from US.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
^^ hahaha nice one Troy

yeah i drive mine with the lid off. better cooling tbh as its nitro.. i took a corner flat knacker in my street and the ass stepped out and i hit the blue reflector on the road(the fireies use as markers) and watched her cartwheel 5-6 times and slide on the head/heatsink for about 10 meters... was like oops hope shes ok :p

Cats eyes are a bloody killer, I'd hate to think of how much grief try have caused me over the years. It's funny cos we don't see them as being big but when you are 10 times smaller they are bloody massive. It's like hitting a 300mm high gutter in a 1:1 scale car.