Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The JC RC Car thread

Jonnii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z-Series Ute
Ahh, Running my slash yesterday ####ING FUN!!! didnt get to the track but i ripped up a little kids playground instead With my little brothers scooter jumps :). Will be going straight to the track after work. I copped a big beating yesterday, the shell is pretty well ####ed. But everything else is still good... so im very with it... i got it out maybe 4-5 times yesterday.

Battery is taking 70-80 minutes per charge with the eco six balance charger. Is that about normal... i read through the manual and used all the powers it said to but i remember reading it should be 8 hours =S

Sounds like alota fun mate and if you arnt breakin it you arnt driving hard enough haha

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Juice that battery up. The quicker you kill it the sooner you get a LiPo!

A mate and I went for a run today, first at the local tar track and then a bmx track. My aim was to break my Slash so I had an excuse to buy some forced upgrades. All I managed was a rear axle (on the tar) and a skinned knee on the gravel. It wasn't too much of an issue breaking the axle cos I run Slash 4x4 parts in my basher Rustler (which I also took) so I just swapped them out.

I kept having problems with the pinion gear popping off but I think it's just my **** hex drivers. I'd get 1 jump and then it would pop and stop driving. Got real frustrating cos it was jumping awesome! One jump I managed to get enough speed and height it rotated to about 20 degrees past vertical and when I hit the brakes in the air it kicked forward and landed softly on all 4 wheels. I also managed a heap of crashes and damn that is one tough truck!

I'll post a video of the only jump I managed to get on camera… but in the mean time here is my skinned knee lol.

5c68b5f1.jpg

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hopefully this works.

That wasn't even anywhere near the worst stack I had, in fact it was one of the tame ones!

So jealous :( Still waiting on warranty repair on my Rustler, and need to get the parts to rebuild my Slash. Still making my mind up on a body, thinking I might go for the F-150 Raptor look, and tossing up between Traxxas Big Bore shocks, or Pro-line Powerstrokes, and need to find some new rims too.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Im deffinately wanting a second battery.Troy i dont have the bearing adapter yet so i havn't gone for a LiPo. Thinking i might just go for another NiHm for now Will the higher MaH determine more power or longer lasting?

I was thinking of taking it over to the bmx track over the weekend but its a 30+ drive for 10 minutes worth of running I NEED MORE BATTERIES!!

This is how she looked after about 10 minutes at the track.

P1000949.jpg

It doesnt look allll that bad but there was a fair amount of mud on the inside of that. I cant seem to get the casing off around the spur gear. i undone the 3 screws and it just won't budge! Any ideas... just quickly?

P1000948.jpg

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
Ouch dude, to me that looks really bad, would drive me nuts my car being that scratched up.

I'm not too keen on the shape of your guys' trucks, they just seem wrong to me.

I am still keen on an E-Revo Brushless kit, but at $1300 it is a bit much at the moment, a few more weeks of saving and i will have it though!

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Higher MaH means it will last longer, I have 2 x 3000 MaH, a 4200, and a 5000, the higher ones last a fair bit longer, and seem to have a tiny bit more punch off the line.

E-Revo brushless shouldn't be $1300.... my LHS has that for $975, and have seen it for low 900's at some shops on the east coast.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
i broke it.

Looks like the front arm, The shock came out but it doesnt seem damaged.

Last edited:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
So jealous :( Still waiting on warranty repair on my Rustler, and need to get the parts to rebuild my Slash. Still making my mind up on a body, thinking I might go for the F-150 Raptor look, and tossing up between Traxxas Big Bore shocks, or Pro-line Powerstrokes, and need to find some new rims too.

Have a look at the Traxxas Prographix bodies, they come with a fancy pattern printed inside and all you need to do is all your base colour (like the Stampede I did). I'd probably go the Proline shocks, I've heard good things about them but they are not cheap. I'm running big bores and all they are is the same size as the stock shocks except with an aluminium body. Also for tyres look at Prolines range. I have Calibers (premounted) and they work great in dirt. I'm thinking of getting some Badlands next cos they would chew through loose dirt with no problems. Really depends on where you run though.