Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interesting Reading

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Anything that can be done to a V6 can be done to a V8. Impressive figures but no reason for people to start hating on 8's lol

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Not just talking about "the Holden v8".

lol, nah it'll beat some 8's, but yes, at the end of the day, most of today's 8's will hammer it.

Anything that can be done to a V6 can be done to a V8. Impressive figures but no reason for people to start hating on 8's lol

Call it jealousy guys, I can't get a Monaro V8 just yet...

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
I just wish I could get a Mercedes Benz AMG M159(SLS engine) :( N/A 6.2L V8 produces 420kw @6800rpm; 650NM @4750RPM, Just an SLS or an AMG would be fine :p

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
Correct, the LFX in the MY12 SV6 is the same donk as the 2012 Camaro. I think Holden have detuned it for a number of reasons.
Main one would be they can say the VF has more power than the MY12 VE2, I would be very surprised if the engine changed in the VF SV6, just the tune would change. Much cheaper for them.
I would love to see how much power a stock MY12 LFX SV6 really has.

If 237kw is correct these V6 donks tuned would be sweet. I personally think the V8 is waste of money, both on fuel and insurance costs. I love my V8s dont get me wrong. But how much power can you really use on the street.

Put it this way, if the V6 sounded better or the same as the V8 would you have one.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
That's some crazy power form a V6 family car

I can just imagine JC forum In 10 years time. New Thread:"My V6 is only 320kW, what mods can I do to get more power out of it" First Post: "It's a V6. It's slow, it will always be slow, don't waste your money buy a V8 instead"