Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre Help

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
If they're not gripping at the back, they're certainly not gripping at the front - so considering that's where all the steering and most of the braking is done, i would definitely punt the fronts as well.

That's what I paid for my 452s but I didn't have time shop around.. there's definitely cheaper ones to be found. I'm not sure how much luck you'll have in getting the dealer to replace them - I wouldn't have thought a dealer would be required to keep the standard fit tyres on a demo.

brad2012

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VE S2
I did pay them a visit since they were on the way to a mates, they said there's nothing they can do and that's how they got the car to sell.

It's alright though, I got the car more than a grand cheaper than the other demo's anyway so eh, doesn't bother me too much about the tyres.
I did some online shopping around and called a few places, but it looks like 250 is the best I'm going to get for the pattern I want. I am in Perth so you know.. everything's more expensive.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I have Hong chonga tyres on my redline wheels and the are great. The came with them already so I wasn't going to waste them. grip good.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Not saying I'll use Chinese ones again um just saying there not all bad.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
They are all bad.

Well my previous car had them and no problems whatsoever. I've never put put a set of tyres on a car yet because I only had my VT for 12 months before I got the VE. So I'm not saying I would buy them I'm just saying from my experience no issues plenty of grip. I'm not picking an argument I'm just making a point from my experience.

XANDER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z SS
Why do people skimp on tyres and buy "Luv you Ling Long time" brands? It's your life, or someone elses at risk.

LOL fully agree. BTW what the are the factory fitted tyres on new VE's? am getting my SS in about 6weeks

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
12 months ago mine came with Bridgestone RE050As, great tyres. Not sure about the Yokos

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
They were good however the rears were buggered after 18,000km not one skid. So I don't know what the go was but they were good in the wet etc.. mines a series 2 SS.