Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

motorbike

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Not that you would want anyone to see you riding one, :spew:
(sorry Big_simmo)

Dont worry, I understand that completely but alas when your desperate to get back on a bike (of some sort) and your technically classed as disabled by the government you take what you can get.
Also a dark tinted visor will stop all ppl from realising its me :D

tonza

Beers & Blastbeats
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX Exec S2
Well ive been given the go ahead by the dept of transport to get back onto a bike..well kind of a bike

I submitted a 75page document detailing modifications etc that would have to be done, after 7 months they have gotten back to me.
I can do it but ill have to pass a riding test which isnt hard, even in the pouring rain it isnt hard.

But yeah long story short, a slightly modified can am spyder such as this
can+am.jpg

I see one of these all the time around my way, and it sounds absolutely mean and tough. And he took off from the lights one day and man, did it move.
Not sure what size motor they run etc etc but if its stock, it goes alright.
Post pics cos i actually don't mind these :upyours:

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
2009 KX250F, thing was pretty good bike man. 09 was the first year with nitrate fork tubes too so try get 09 Up.

Just a taste ;)

Edit: I've had a CRF450R (02 and 04), CRF250R (08), KX250F (06 and 09) and the KX's were always better. CRF's are good but i'll always be a kawasaki man, even though i have two KTM's lol.

I will be in the market in a few months for a bike, was thinking CRF or YZ but could go a kawasaki.... In what way do you find the kawa better than the crf? cheers mate! the 250 looks MINT!

Finally got my bike and is mad to ride

Yz250?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Dont worry, I understand that completely but alas when your desperate to get back on a bike (of some sort) and your technically classed as disabled by the government you take what you can get.
Also a dark tinted visor will stop all ppl from realising its me :D

Yeah, Australia do not get the Harley FLHTCUTG Trike, some stupid law to do with preventing homebuilt trikes or something, so I guess it is your only option left then aye.
Don't worry, Tinted visor should keep you on the down-low, LOL

Have fun back out on the road :)

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
I see one of these all the time around my way, and it sounds absolutely mean and tough. And he took off from the lights one day and man, did it move.
Not sure what size motor they run etc etc but if its stock, it goes alright.
Post pics cos i actually don't mind these :upyours:

996cc rotax engine my good sir, they fly when you open them up :)

Beav

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr commodore
Yeah it's a yz250. Heaps of fun

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Guys I have a question I would like ton pose. I'm in the market for a dirtbike as the gf has just gotten one.

I was originally looking tonight something like a kx250f yz250f or cr250f. As advised by the blokes at work

But a long term mate, been riding/racing for years has told me, being my first dirt bike would be better off looking into a 2 stroke bike

I'd like to keep their opinions out of it and hear what you all have to say.

I'll be doing trail riding, with beginner tracks and some jumps and the like. Never any racing though. And then obviously some low key riding when I'm with the gf.

So my question is 2stroke 250 or 4 stroke 250?

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Guys I have a question I would like ton pose. I'm in the market for a dirtbike as the gf has just gotten one.

I was originally looking tonight something like a kx250f yz250f or cr250f. As advised by the blokes at work

But a long term mate, been riding/racing for years has told me, being my first dirt bike would be better off looking into a 2 stroke bike

I'd like to keep their opinions out of it and hear what you all have to say.

I'll be doing trail riding, with beginner tracks and some jumps and the like. Never any racing though. And then obviously some low key riding when I'm with the gf.

So my question is 2stroke 250 or 4 stroke 250?
IMO 4 stroke. Unless you want to learn to do your own rebuilds etc you will tire of taking your 2 stroke into the shop so often. 4 strokes much less maintinance. Plus if you are just getting into (or back into?) bikes then the 4 stroke wont have you cart wheeling your bike down the track like when you hit the power band on a 2 stroke. haha. I love riding 2 strokes myself but would chose a 4 stroke hands down especially for trail riding etc.
I should be picking my new bike up this Thursday hopefully :D (Just waiting on a damn cheque to clear :( lol ). Spent $650 at MCAS in Sydney on the weekend on new gear. LOL. Have 2 bikes Im going to look at to chose from. An 09 CRF250R and an 09 KX250F. I like the CRF a bit more as Ive always liked Hondas and it looks wicked with the full black plastics. lol. But if it doesnt all check out in person the Kwaka looks damn tidy as well other then a small tear in the seat. So pumped to go riding this weekend!!

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Similar question as above:

I want to get another bike but never got my L's.

What are the better LAMS bikes out there? I like the cruiser look but open to other suggestions!

The list of LAMS bikes are long. Heaps to choose from. As far a cruiser go Im not to sure (not my thing). As far as sports bikes go, still a long list. Lol. I reckon the Hyosung GT250R/GT650R's look awesome and the newer ones have gone a far cry from the early ones that earned their rep as being cheap and crappy.
If you do commuting in a city at all, get a motard hands down. Light, agile, thin, easy the throw between cars, and it will release your inner hooligan to no end! (You wont wear through a front tyre even half as quick as you do a rear hahaha)