Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 VE SSV will be mine next week.Help needed.

joely116

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2007
I got my 07 ssv with 50,000 on it for $25,000 from a dealer drive away I went the later model as its l98 with no afm abit cheaper to cam Iv notice..... the things I notice after I bought it was stone chips everywhere that I didn't see as they had touched them up but now a lot of the cheap touch they did is chipping off, I wouldn't worry about extended warranty really, if you want modifi it they try use as a way out,

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Wouldnt bother spending money on extending any dealer warranty. They're generally not worth the $$ you pay.

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
I got my 07 ssv with 50,000 on it for $25,000 from a dealer drive away I went the later model as its l98 with no afm abit cheaper to cam Iv notice..... the things I notice after I bought it was stone chips everywhere that I didn't see as they had touched them up but now a lot of the cheap touch they did is chipping off, I wouldn't worry about extended warranty really, if you want modifi it they try use as a way out,

Sweet ride! Yeah i know of a few 08 SS-V wagons in NSW for $30,000 with 50,000km or less. Really wanted a wagon but at the time when my monies came through there wasnt any in Adelaide.

Im not sure which warranty will be extended, factory or dealer? How long is holdens? 2 years? I will ask to see if mods cancel the dealer one out. Im guessing it probably would. :confused:

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Holdens is 3 years.

Dealer warranty is a waste of time, requiring you to have all services and repairs done at the same holden you bought it at.

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
Holdens is 3 years.

Dealer warranty is a waste of time, requiring you to have all services and repairs done at the same holden you bought it at.

So can i extend the factory warranty even as a second owner?
Also i havent purchased through a Holden used car dealership, it was a Graham Cornes used car dealer in Adelaide, so do you know what would happen with servicing?

Im dont think i will extend it, as im sure i would want a nice exhaust more. Just nice to know my options though.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
You can extend the warranty through companies other then Holden (Allianz for example). However if your car isn't serviced within about 500kms per the required servicing in the log book it's void anyway..

Any modifications and it's void also and you don't get a refund..

Seems like a waste to me..

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
You can extend the warranty through companies other then Holden (Allianz for example). However if your car isn't serviced within about 500kms per the required servicing in the log book it's void anyway..

Any modifications and it's void also and you don't get a refund..

Seems like a waste to me..

Probably won't end up extending it but i was just concerned as it has pretty low K's

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Have you done a PPS check or REVS check to see if the vehicle was flood damaged or anything?

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
^ haven't yet mate as i have no details on the car. When it comes in I'll inspect it, get the details and check up on it. Most probably try and find the previous owner and call them is i can.

I reckon i get a 2 day "cooling off" period after i have paid in full. So I'll also get my mechanic to give it a once over. Or call the RAA if its free.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I've found the 2nd hand car market to be rather dead at the moment... A real buyers market that's for sure!

For example, my EVO X MR Bathurst edition sold with less then 15000kms on the clock & just under 2 years old for a whopping loss of 25k! Plus the few trick bits I added on. Car was in near show room condition & was very very very well looked after. The same cars are now being sold for around the 45k mark not much more then 6 months later. Glad I sold when I did.

Sometimes you can find a real gem 2nd hand, but would always suggest checking it out in the flesh... Whats a few hundred for a plane ticket when you're dropping 30K plus.