Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS 5 Litre Throttle Body

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Thought I would make a thread about Mace Engineering and the 70mm throttle body they offer for the 5 litres/v6 buicks. So after a lot of umming and ahhing and pouring over thread after thread I thought I would take the leap and get a 70mm for the clubby. Took all of a day to rock up on my doorstep which is brilliant. Install took me about an hour. Nice gain to be had. Nothing earth shattering but enough for the cost to be warranted. The auto actually shifts much better now for some reason. Car is cammed but its a baby cam. Got a new TPS and IAC as well but I retained the old ones and kept the others as spares. Would definitely recommend it to others as part of the usual intake exhaust package. Hopefully car will be getting a real tune soon which should make the new throttle body even better.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Baby cam >.< Its a medium cam tyvm

MACE

Reaction score
Thought I would make a thread about Mace Engineering and the 70mm throttle body they offer for the 5 litres/v6 buicks. So after a lot of umming and ahhing and pouring over thread after thread I thought I would take the leap and get a 70mm for the clubby. Took all of a day to rock up on my doorstep which is brilliant. Install took me about an hour. Nice gain to be had. Nothing earth shattering but enough for the cost to be warranted. The auto actually shifts much better now for some reason. Car is cammed but its a baby cam. Got a new TPS and IAC as well but I retained the old ones and kept the others as spares. Would definitely recommend it to others as part of the usual intake exhaust package. Hopefully car will be getting a real tune soon which should make the new throttle body even better.

Thanks for the detailed feedback wraith, most importantly I'm glad to hear you're happy with purchase :)

It will certainly work better once the car is tuned

Best Regards,
Steve

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Thanks for the detailed feedback wraith, most importantly I'm glad to hear you're happy with purchase :)

It will certainly work better once the car is tuned

Best Regards,
Steve

Stevie,

Any info on why the car shifts better with the 70mm?

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
If not tuned it is because MAF is reading X amount of air but more is actually going through the TB now, so the auto shifts earlier as it judges shifting by throttle position idk I am on my phone annoying to type out. Basically auto shifts earlier than it normally would at the same throttle position as more air than what it is tuned for is going in I believe?
Meh Steve can explain lol but tuned was much better and dat throttle response mmmm

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update. Going from say 45 to 60 the kick down is brutal. If it wasn't for the 19s I would almost go so far as to say it would slide. Can't wait to get the proper tune and not the current hacked up crow tune.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I love that in the VS, drops to first gear and has some decent power + acceleration from 40 to 60

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
If not tuned it is because MAF is reading X amount of air but more is actually going through the TB now, so the auto shifts earlier as it judges shifting by throttle position idk I am on my phone annoying to type out. Basically auto shifts earlier than it normally would at the same throttle position as more air than what it is tuned for is going in I believe?
Meh Steve can explain lol but tuned was much better and dat throttle response mmmm

saved because it makes me sad

Update. Going from say 45 to 60 the kick down is brutal. If it wasn't for the 19s I would almost go so far as to say it would slide. Can't wait to get the proper tune and not the current hacked up crow tune.

also saved because it makes me sad

I love that in the VS, drops to first gear and has some decent power + acceleration from 40 to 60

and this too makes me sad

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
saved because it makes me sad

also saved because it makes me sad

and this too makes me sad

images