Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS 5 Litre Throttle Body

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Decent being for a 15+ year old car of course, just like the VR, maybe it is the mafless tune bro

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
Decent being for a 15+ year old car of course, just like the VR, maybe it is the mafless tune bro

maybe it is..............mafless vr ftw. lolrtc.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
If not tuned it is because MAF is reading X amount of air but more is actually going through the TB now, so the auto shifts earlier as it judges shifting by throttle position idk I am on my phone annoying to type out. Basically auto shifts earlier than it normally would at the same throttle position as more air than what it is tuned for is going in I believe?
Meh Steve can explain lol but tuned was much better and dat throttle response mmmm

This would sort off apply if it was MAF tuned, however the Holden V8's used MAP based tuning until the VT series one came out with the MAF tuned roller cammed Holden 304
(and series 3 VS utes etc).

The change it auto shift characteristics will come from the variation in MAP Vs TPS

MACE

Reaction score
The reason for the change in the quality, is that the TPS single out has changed a little due to the slight change in throttle blade angle. Therefore the computer ends up referring to a different part of the line pressure map, hence the firmer shifts

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve