Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bikie gangs - outlaws or misunderstood ?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Don't have a problem with bikies or bikie gangs. I do have a problem with criminals and organized crime. Don't mix the two up.

Where would you rank the Bandidos, Comancheros, Hells Angels, Jokers, Rebels and Coffin Cheaters? (and any others I may have missed)

this is quite true.

so the old folks who just love to have a beer or 2 and go for a sunday cruise on the Harleys are now criminals?
hell they don't even have to be old, just need to enjoy their bikes.
my mechanic loves his bikes, and they do an annual ride for charity and they make an absolute fortune, not once has it been in the papers even though it does so much good.

basically go for the criminal ones, but don't put all the other good people in the same basket.

They are clearly not the problem, nor the target of any legislation. The way the Act would be written (and several states already have such) will be to prohibit any association with any prescribed group or organization. Those prescribed groups would be listed in accompanying regulations that are modified as need be (without requiring a vote in parliament from what I understand)

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I think there's some confusion between bikers/bikies (not that there's any sort of official title). I work with 'bikers', they cruise on weekends, go to Wakefield for track days, trade war stories and compare bike specs. They belong to enthusiast clubs like many of us do, like Bikers for Christ or Ulysses.

The other sort are just criminals who ride bikes, like the Rebels, Gypsy Jokers and Coffin Cheaters to name a few.

basically go for the criminal ones, but don't put all the other good people in the same basket.

Yeah dude, the cops are all over it. I'm guessing this stuff is new for a lot of you guys?

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
A little off topic but who else heard about the random bike rider that got acid thrown over him for trying to help another bikie 'broken down'.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Yeah dude, the cops are all over it. I'm guessing this stuff is new for a lot of you guys?

nope im not new to it.
just dislike when everyone gets stereotyped in the bad sense, but im sure many out there don't know the good the non criminal ones actually do.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
nope im not new to it.
just dislike when everyone gets stereotyped in the bad sense, but im sure many out there don't know the good the non criminal ones actually do.

Well don't stress, there's an abundance of material on the subject, this is one of the rarities where stereotyping is uncommon, mainly because they give themselves group names and call themselves 'outlaws'. Hell, there's even Wiki pages on the subject.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Well don't stress, there's an abundance of material on the subject, this is one of the rarities where stereotyping is uncommon, mainly because they give themselves group names and call themselves 'outlaws'. Hell, there's even Wiki pages on the subject.

im not stressing? :hmmm:

but think about it.
ACA, "ALL BIKIES ARE BAD" probably a good chance they have done a story on that :p
the sheeple out there aren't going to go looking for the good some bikie groups do.
they will just see the ACA story as the utmost truth and preach it to all the other sheeple out there. :thumbsup:

my thoughts were just to go after the bad ones, and as someone has said apparently there are a list of the good ones (lack of better words) which should be praised more for what they do.
just a shame they all get painted in a bad light thanks to the likes of TT and ACA.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
True, but the ACA and TT fronts at best will cause a gasp out of the over 50's who might need to spend an extra 15 on their Circulation Booster. Johnny Hoppers have been running intelligence on the actual mofos since I was a bub, they make it easy cos it's cool to be bad. I'm yet to hear a story from any Wakefield club type bike riders I know who were harangued by the cops for alleged criminal activities.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
regardless of whether they are outlaws or not, lets all admit it... they are FKING ANNOYING!!!

you ever had a hot date, all romatic, candles and ****, eye contact, flirting getting heated then some WANKER launches his poof harley all full noise down the laneway youre sitting in?

they can all go get fked as far as im concerned. get a muffler or fk off.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
you ever had a hot date, all romatic, candles and ****, eye contact, flirting getting heated then some WANKER launches his poof harley all full noise down the laneway youre sitting in?

You jumped didn't you? Embarrassed yourself with a squeaky wet fart?