Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Creating an AWD Monaro.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
There's a bloke on a facebook page selling a munro with adventura running gear as an unfinished project. He's in qld and wants 10k.

The page is called cars and stuff for sale.

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
LOL. yeah someone sent it to me this morning.

He seems a little testy when anyone asks anything about it.

But WHY o WHY would you even attempt to install that hideous body kit from a ute..........
Car is a write off, so good luck trying to get rego. Could be a nice place to start for a track car (if done right) but I just cant get past those 'interesting' rear flares. Why not just put a Coupe4 kit on it??

But I guess life would be pretty boring of we were all the same.

oldholdensarebest

oldholdensarebest
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 CV8Z Monaro; 2005 Adventra LX8; 1955 FJ Holde
Thanks for the video, and don't worry about the swearing, would love to see the other runs. For those that don't like swearing they can mute the run! Have you considered putting paddle shifts in for the gear changes? I have the paddle shift option in my Adventra, not that it is a sports car, and I was surprised at how much fun these are when on a nice twisty section of road, keeps the hands on the wheel, left foot brake and balance with the accelerator - lots of fun and surprisingly quick point to point. The V8 Adventra didn't have the paddle shift option but the V6 does, I have no idea what is involved in installing it.

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
There is a guy in Sydney that I know who can do the paddle shift conversion on the 4 speed auto. The Adventra only went paddle in the 5speed auto in VZ (I think). So I have considered this option, or manual conversion. Just not exactly sure yet. If I stay auto, it will need a gearbox rebuild at some stage, so that could be the perfect time to go the paddle shift.
But at the moment I am just having too much fun in it to want to pull it off the road for some more work.

Lately have been wanting to fit an entire dash and sound system out of a Statesman/Grange to get that tricky display above the vents, but not even sure it is possible. But would be neat if it could work. Love the Statesman gauge set over the stock CV8 ones as well.

oldholdensarebest

oldholdensarebest
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 CV8Z Monaro; 2005 Adventra LX8; 1955 FJ Holde
I have seen a Statesman dash put into an Adventra, so I'm pretty sure it could be done in the Monaro too.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL HSV Grange
The Dash can be converted, a few small things you need to work on, but it can be done. :)

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
Have you done the conversion Killswitch? A lot have told me it is possible, but I am yet to find someone that has actually done it.