Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF hostage situation in sydney!!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Those are pathetic demands, it's like coffee and pizza. It's not like he was asking for prisoners to be released and a plane waiting at the airport.

To me it seems that Abbott does not want this linked directly to IS although it is abundantly clear that it is. They are showing the hostage videos here in the news and around the world, the secret is out. It is what it is.

Western countries negotiate with terrorists all the time, they just don't publicize it.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
So your PM refused to speak with the terrorist to save 5 hostages. Also refused to give him a flag to save another hostage. That is a BIG call to make.

Why so hell bent in not accepting that this was IS related? Everybody else seems to accept this for exactly what it is, your PM needs to do the same. Stand up and be accountable for your actions, you sent forces to the middle east to combat IS and now they have struck back. Bitter pill to swallow. Time to get your head out of the sand Mr Abbott.

Just to clarify, I am totally for combating IS, I however am not delusional enough to believe that these actions don't/won't have consequences like the NZ PM does.

1st. Standard operation. Why on earth would you let the PM talk to the guy with the bomb?

2. Because we are to afraid of being tarred with the "racist" stick. His head is not in the sand. Hes watching it because the leftist apologists here will have an absolute field day.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Aussies, racist.....nahhh.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
So your PM refused to speak with the terrorist to save 5 hostages. Also refused to give him a flag to save another hostage. That is a BIG call to make.

Why so hell bent in not accepting that this was IS related? Everybody else seems to accept this for exactly what it is, your PM needs to do the same. Stand up and be accountable for your actions, you sent forces to the middle east to combat IS and now they have struck back. Bitter pill to swallow. Time to get your head out of the sand Mr Abbott.

Just to clarify, I am totally for combating IS, I however am not delusional enough to believe that these actions don't/won't have consequences like the NZ PM does.

I think they are hell bent on not accepting this is 'IS' related because it's not.

This individual has been a serial pest and criminal for the last decade. Based on what has been shared he has at no point in time been seen to be affiliated with ISIS.

He was a nut-job, who was motivated to take it to the next level by what is going on in the world at the moment.

Plus, if they admit that it was IS related that will be more propaganda fuel for that group and sympathizes. At the moment he is a a lone nut-job who who acted on his own, link him to ISIS and all of a sudden he will be a ISIS Marty operative and a demonstration of how far that group can strike.

Even though they had nothing to do with this guy.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Personally I think he just wanted the media attention and terrorism/ISIS is the hot topic at the moment. Easiest way to get your face on national TV.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
This is exactly what IS have demanded their followers do. He did what they wanted. "Lone wolf" type attack in the name of IS.

He specifically asked for an IS flag. Doesn't get any more IS then that.

Serial pest, radical, muslim radical. Just what IS is all about. IS will claim this already, even if it was in no way linked to them.

The worst part is, he's a known radical so definitely on the radar. That is the most shocking part of all this.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
One copper injured with "bullet graze" to cheek. Either someone wasn't watching his firing lines or somebody was disorientated because the flashbangs going off around their ankles.

Starting to sound like a bit of a cluster#### to me.
Apparently pellets from the arseholes shotgun, not from friendly fire.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Personally I think he just wanted the media attention and terrorism/ISIS is the hot topic at the moment. Easiest way to get your face on national TV.

Exactly it.

This man was a refugee from Iran, who came here and for whatever reason decided he was going to be a serial pest and scum bag.

He had exactly nothing to do with any terrorism group as such.

What this does highlight, is the bullshit in our justice system. This piece of **** should have been behind bars, yet he was allowed to be free on bail.

Given his past, he should have been locked up for the longest amount of time at every opportunity, yet our justice system let a man accused of 40 sexual assaults and under suspicion of being involved in his wifes murder out on bail.