Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF hostage situation in sydney!!

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
It's been said on the radio this morning that snipers could not take him out with a single shot as the Lindt Café is in an old bank building with glass as thick as a biro. It would take 3 or 4 shots to penetrate, by then the gunman would have started taking evasive action.

#iwillridewithyou

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Gotta love you armchair experts working with tactical hindsight. All the training in the world can never prepare anyone for an actuality, especially something so rare. Airstrike, Immortality why don't you go join NSW Police special forces and show them how it's done?
I spoke with my mate who is ex 2nd commando, they have operations such as this all the time. I speak having spoken with him about it, not as an armchair expert as you say.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
So apparently, that building is a former bank building and the glass was quite thick.

Theyd need a few shots to get rid of the glass and THEN shoot the gunman which posed to much of a risk to hostages.

EDIT. Claire beat me to it.

Can we just focus on the fact that this man should have been deported years ago?

Can we finally quit this happy go lucky bleeding heart everyone hug and get along nonsense?

Had we not be to afraid to offend. Had we taken a hardline approach and stopped using "cultural hardships" as an excuse for serious crimes, this would not have happened.

TwoHeads

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SSV Ute
So your mate is ex 2 CDO REGT. Congrats!! What rank? How long ago did he leave? Was he specifically involved in this incident? If not, he is an armchair expert as well.

I spoke to a guy from Germany, I'm an expert on Hitler now.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
For those using the term "Justice Sysytem". Please remember that we don't actually have a Justice System, rather we have a Legal System that disppenses justice from time to time.....but not always.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Please, tell us again how easy that would be and you experience in shooting people through panes of glass.

Not going to lie, you really do rate yourself highly since you knew better than all the people on the ground.

PS, still waiting on your states about gun violence in Texas since by your logic, everyone having a weapon mean there should less gun violence than here.
We have a difference of opinion Jest and I'm sure we can go backwards and forwards all day.
I haven't looked at the stats but I'm sure they can be skewed or interpreted to suit both sides.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
So your PM refused to speak with the terrorist to save 5 hostages. Also refused to give him a flag to save another hostage. That is a BIG call to make.

Why so hell bent in not accepting that this was IS related? Everybody else seems to accept this for exactly what it is, your PM needs to do the same. Stand up and be accountable for your actions, you sent forces to the middle east to combat IS and now they have struck back. Bitter pill to swallow. Time to get your head out of the sand Mr Abbott.

Just to clarify, I am totally for combating IS, I however am not delusional enough to believe that these actions don't/won't have consequences like the NZ PM does.

TwoHeads

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SSV Ute
So your PM refused to speak with the terrorist to save 5 hostages. Also refused to give him a flag to save another hostage. That is a BIG call to make.

Why so hell bent in not accepting that this was IS related? Everybody else seems to accept this for exactly what it is, your PM needs to do the same. Stand up and be accountable for your actions, you sent forces to the middle east to combat IS and now they have struck back. Bitter pill to swallow. Time to get your head out of the sand Mr Abbott.

Just to clarify, I am totally for combating IS, I however am not delusional enough to believe that these actions don't/won't have consequences like the NZ PM does.

So you would give into the demands of terrorist? Where does it stop? Do you think that the conversation with the PM wouldn't be used as propaganda by ISIS? Don't you think then that if the PM did give a call to him that there would be others with axes to grind that would try the same thing? More hostage situations, more deaths.

No Western Nation gives terrorists what they want.