Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iphone 7

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
So what is so special about the Note 7 that is revolutionary?

Please FanDroids educate me? Or are you just jealous and trolling?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Just a quickie...

Used Android, Blackberry, MS OS, Palm, iOS and honestly, Blackberry was the easiest to use. Very Draconian and Spartan, not many applications. Dropped the phone many times and never broke, became obsolete before it broke. Is a matter of fact, still have the phone and still works. Apple is not a bad phone, just expensive and ties you to an ecosyetem that forces you to spend more money in Apple stuff. Android is the rebel of the group. You can do whaever you wish with the phone and is encourage to do so. The Android OS allows you to do whatever you want as long you know what the heck you are doing. Jail Breaking is not Rooting; Android is already Jail Broken from factory; does not depend on a store to download applications; you can deviate from the Play Store. As long you can get the *.apk file you are good to go. The MS OS is the sum of all the bad things that Apple, BB and Android have on one kick ass Nokia Hardware.

Prerhaps the feud between Apple and Android are 2 non related likes. Apple is all about the Oooh and Aaaaah of design and the membership of a club as long you got Apple products; a way of self-segregation from the rest. The Android world is more about tinkerers and thinkers that hate rules and refused to be told what to do; an Anatchist.

Samsung have a nice line of phones, they started the Phablet market. Also HTC makes great phones, had a few myself; HTC One came with 2 stereo front side speakers. In a world of planned obsolence, why paying premium prices on disposable devices.

I have a Note 5 and love the phone, never crashed on me and the Stylus is a great tool to make notes and reminders. Used to be another phone called the Samsung Beam that had a Projector built in; another was the Mega, bigger than the note with a curved display. Now they have the Edge that you can assign icons on the rounded edge of the display; think about it like Soft Buttons.

Apple are like Harley Davidson; you are not buying a Motorcycle, you are buying a membership/acceptance in a club. Android are the other motorcycles.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
Not a lack of creativity, but poor quality control? Yes.

Samsung washing machines even explode into flames and a washing machine is a vessel designed to work with and use water.

I don't know about you, but being able to make a vessel full of water explode under normal use is pretty creative in my books. If only they could use that kind of creativity to make decent products.

Heaps of their products have been of very poor quality as of late. They even struggle to make decent TV's now.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Yes, they have their fair share of shite boxes. Based on my experience, no drama for me. Sharp TV, that was a POS that lasted 1 year and took a dump 15 days after the warranty expired. Got me a Samsung Plasma TV on an exchange and has been good so far.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Not a lack of creativity, but poor quality control? Yes.

Samsung washing machines even explode into flames and a washing machine is a vessel designed to work with and use water.

I don't know about you, but being able to make a vessel full of water explode under normal use is pretty creative in my books. If only they could use that kind of creativity to make decent products.

Heaps of their products have been of very poor quality as of late. They even struggle to make decent TV's now.

I don't think they've been top tier - ever.

In Japan they are firmly middle of the market - across the board. There is almost always a better product in any category they exist in from tv's to white goods.

Also they (Samsung) provide probably the worst Android experience you can have (Touchwiz garbage) - and all Android devices suffer because of their terrible ROM because joe meatbreath thinks droid = Samsung and nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm with you Skydrol, I prefer HTC - still on an M8 here and it's an amazing handset, the only change I made was a different launcher and I'm very happy with it.

Although for the life of me I can't understand anyone wanting a BB - yucko!

None of the above means that Apple gets a free pass - they simply sit back and wait for things to become great and then put their own spin on it, it's a tactic that's worked exceptionally well - good on them I guess!?

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
LMAO!

Bags Samsung's Android experience on their launcher - TouchWiz
Changes one thing on his HTC - the launcher

That's just hilarious. I changed TouchWiz to Google's launcher, because you're right TouchWiz is garbage. But other than that, the Samsung Android and handset experience is beautiful. For the reccord I also think the HTC is top notch. Will be interesting to see what Google's new devices are like next month. I always tell myself "buy a Google device" because it's vanilla Android and updates are never delayed. But then the hardware is always some steps behind Samsung HTC and Apple, like no OIS as an example.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Is the same down in Oz? Apple have not made any effort advertising the 7; very low key. However, is "exploding" all over the media about the Note 7 incidents. Seems like the whole focus is harping on the competition's flaws.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Interesting that an iPhone thread quickly turns into a FanDroid bash the iPhone thread.

Quit petty really.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Interesting that an iPhone thread quickly turns into a FanDroid bash the iPhone thread.

Quit petty really.

Absolutely right , it's a phone , get a grip , I'm seriously thinking of getting a basic no frills phone , that makes calls and texts and bugger all else , why people get so hung up on a mobile devise is beyond me .