Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloy marks

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
If you have some bad gutter rash, they might source second hand. My rims were immaculate apart from the strange lines under the clear coat.
In reality though, the rims are not that expensive.
Yeah, and that's fair enough - the owner is not after a free ride here but as unsightly as gutter rash is (and that can be remedied for a cost), two of the rims are otherwise immaculate apart from this corrosion - which must be getting worse with time?
Not sure if it's just because I'm not use to seeing this type of corrosion (my oldest car is an 8 year old VE SV6 and it's rims are still immaculate) but when I see gutter rash I think that's a shame but when I see this corrosion I think cheap and nasty rims - not what I expect to see on a top of the range Commodore and not the way I wish to remember these 'soon to disappear fantastic Aussie heritage' vehicles.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
mine are slightly getting this. MY14 Calais V just out of warranty.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Hey dgp. Just want to know if you were the first owner because iv'e got the same problem but i am the 2nd owner.Would I be covered by Warranty,Iv'e still got about 7 months left. I noticed it at 16,000km. Car has done 34,500km

Yes, I bought the car new (but not from the dealer that replaced the rims)

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
It must be first owners then.well no harm in trying and see what they say. Thanks Mate.
Can't see why it would matter if you are a second owner, assuming the car is still within the warranty period. Doesn't Holden encourage sellers & buyers to let them know when cars change hands so that recall info etc can still reach the current owner.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Love to know how you get on with the dealer
So no surprises really - service guys knew nothing of filiform corrosion or that there could be a problem with moisture getting under the clear coat during manufacture. They say they have taken pics and sent them to Holden to make a decision so now we're waiting to see - I did mention to them (but in a non threatening way) that I would be taking it down the Aust Consumer Law route if Holden doesn't take responsibility.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
If they took pics and sent them to Holden there will be a record of other claims so you should be right.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
If they took pics and sent them to Holden there will be a record of other claims so you should be right.
Cheers dgp - yes, I'd like to think that means they have set the precedent (& rightly so)

vfssstorm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm
Hey Guys. Bought my VF SS to the dealer showed them the wheels,they took pictures of the wheels and sent them of to Holdens.I am waiting on phone call

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Guys. Bought my VF SS to the dealer showed them the wheels,they took pictures of the wheels and sent them of to Holdens.I am waiting on phone call
Ok, so the CalaisV was called back to the Dealer today - 4 brand spanker new alloys - still with the little code stickers on each of them (but without the gutter rash that was particularly bad on one of them). All newly balanced etc of course.
Great job Holden!
The paperwork showed "wheels crazed" (yes crazed not grazed) and "poor quality" "delivery date 30/12/16" (car was purchased 30/12/13) and "warranty date 30/12/19" (I thought it was only 12 months on parts/service?).
So all in all, a very happy customer!!