Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

upgrade from series 1 to series 2

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Having had both, which do you prefer mate?

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
Having had both, which do you prefer mate?
The 407 definitely mate : but down in the low rev range the 375 tends to b easier to live with : the 407 has to compose itself for the first minute or 2 after cold start up or it can stall whereas the 375 was like your stock ls3 : ive got the 6 sp man which tends to make the 407 easier to drive in stop start traffic : above 3000 rpms is where the 407 leaves the 375 in its dust so to speak mate ☺

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah it seems to be a well behaved cam package. But, even then there's always a compromise.

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
Yeah it seems to be a well behaved cam package. But, even then there's always a compromise.
Yeah still very drivable with the w spec cam mate as its only a mild cam : is a bit temperamental at low revs as u would expect : i always drive it in lower gears so its sitting above 2000 rpms : any lower than 1700 n it does start to feel a bit fluffy : it uses a bit more fuel doing this but its not my daily so im not really fussed about it ☺

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
I'm still looking to buy it anyway.
Last of its kind. That's why I'm more interested in getting a series 2
Great cars.
Power is great thing to have of course, but hey I'm not going backwards buying s series 2

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
I'm still looking to buy it anyway.
Last of its kind. That's why I'm more interested in getting a series 2
Great cars.
Power is great thing to have of course, but hey I'm not going backwards buying s series 2
I iaculis pulvinar blandit, placerat amet mi cubilia mattis gravida lorem cras ultrices pretium sagittis eros curae velit condimentum, aenean adipiscing tellus augue volutpat augue senectus et vehicula, nec rutrum purus viverra vulputate gravida magna eu pulvinar ligula luctus condimentum.

Last edited:

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Yeah still very drivable with the w spec cam mate as its only a mild cam : is a bit temperamental at low revs as u would expect : i always drive it in lower gears so its sitting above 2000 rpms : any lower than 1700 n it does start to feel a bit fluffy : it uses a bit more fuel doing this but its not my daily so im not really fussed about it ☺

A mild cam shouldn't be temperamental.
If you need to drive in a low gear to keep it over 2000rpm it sounds like a poor tune to me.

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
A mild cam shouldn't be temperamental.
If you need to drive in a low gear to keep it over 2000rpm it sounds like a poor tune to me.
Its not a poor tune mate its the generic safe tune that walkinshaw use thats been developed on a dyno : i keep it at over 2000 rpms as a personal choice : i do that with every car n bike that i drive

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Its not a poor tune mate its the generic safe tune that walkinshaw use thats been developed on a dyno : i keep it at over 2000 rpms as a personal choice : i do that with every car n bike that i drive
Doesn't seem right a tune should have that issue on a small cam, my 232/234 ls1 m6 in the day ran at 1750 rpm in 6th on highway no issues

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I have the series 1 redline but would have been nice if the series 1 redline got the LS3 engine to begin with. I wouldn't bother upgrading since the series 1 to 2 isn't much different but the engine. But if your in the market to buy your 1st VF well the series 2 would be the best option...