Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

upgrade from series 1 to series 2

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Its not a poor tune mate its the generic safe tune that walkinshaw use thats been developed on a dyno : i keep it at over 2000 rpms as a personal choice : i do that with every car n bike that i drive

Why?

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
The 407 cam operates at its best above 3000 rpms so why keep it reving at under 2000 unless your in a cruising gear like 6th gear at 110 kms/h when its ticking over at 1750 rpm : as i said its my choice to drive it at over 2000 rpms : what others do is up to them

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
I have the series 1 redline but would have been nice if the series 1 redline got the LS3 engine to begin with. I wouldn't bother upgrading since the series 1 to 2 isn't much different but the engine. But if your in the market to buy your 1st VF well the series 2 would be the best option...

yeah too late...
already bought it!

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I have the series 1 redline but would have been nice if the series 1 redline got the LS3 engine to begin with. I wouldn't bother upgrading since the series 1 to 2 isn't much different but the engine. But if your in the market to buy your 1st VF well the series 2 would be the best option...
Actually if you break that down the main difference is the camshaft. About $2500 but you would swap in an even better one than stock LS3 and enjoy better performance, better economy.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Actually if you break that down the main difference is the camshaft. About $2500 but you would swap in an even better one than stock LS3 and enjoy better performance, better economy.

True.