Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
For example, we've seen members here trading VF 1's on 11's with only two years or so of ownership. That might change now.
Quite right indeed, I traded in VF1 for VF2 as I am planning to keep it until it breaks. I have had Falcon Turbo ute before and its electrical went haywire after 5+ years then I traded in for VF1. Perhaps in the future there may be a NG commodore all wheel drive ute? Just to show my age, dare to mention the Subaru Brumby back in the old days. I wouldn't like to go back to those pick-up truck if there is an alternative.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Had 2 x VE SS/V's and a E3 Senator. Will look at a VFII GTS or LSA Senator (rowboat spec)
in about 18 months as they come out of lease for weekend duties. 99% it will be the last Commodore I own.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Please Holden, can you make a ute out of Corvette?
pick up 5.jpg

MOIRAE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII 6.2LS3 Calais
Just watched the new "commodore" wagon roll into Holden in Port Melbourne.
Tonne and a bit of rolling nopes.

No way.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
I am with you I will definitely look at the Kia Stinger looks good and Twin turbo 3.3 V6 RWD. Think they will be killing the NG model.... sorry I just can't call it a commodore ....

Kia Stinger test in the USA. 12.75 quarter mile, 4.7sec to 100Km/hr

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I thought that this was of some interest at least. SV6 replacement is I guess the only news there (if it hasn't been dummied-up just to stymie the press :)).

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I thought that this was of some interest at least. SV6 replacement is I guess the only news there (if it hasn't been dummied-up just to stymie the press :)).

Well at least they are true to form, hanging out in fast food carparks.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The new ZB ’Commodore’ was on display at the Newcastle Supercars today.
Judging by the amount of interest shown in it by the spectators (not), I don’t think it will generate much interest when released. Very bland, no personality or ‘look at me’ attraction. Ho hum.
Park it in Woollies’ shopping centre, and it will be indistinguishable from a Mazda6, Mondeo, Kia or Hyundai.
If you were there today and didn't see it, Your Honour, I rest my case.

Newcastle circuit ? I think it is great. No ripple strips to bounce over. Uphill Watt St is wide enough for passing, the downhill along the waterfront is a mini version of Bathurst from Skyline, and if you are in the grandstand at the loop, you may see some offs. Public transport is the way to get there, a little bit disorganised and confusing, but it gets the job done, as there are plenty of officials and volunteers to point you in the right direction. Should be good weekend.